Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
That's not what I asked.

My concern was about how any buyer has the ability to make falsified indictments without allowing a defense from a seller, worse is that I see no solid way a seller can disprove their allegations.

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
soyabeans wrote:
That's not what I asked.

My concern was about how any buyer has the ability to make falsified indictments without allowing a defense from a seller, worse is that I see no solid way a seller can disprove their allegations.

In short you’re correct, they can’t. Hence why PayPal, lots of images / videos (as you pack and send), recorded delivery and good history is the only protection you have- it is a bit one sided to say the least

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
soyabeans wrote:
That's not what I asked.

This is always my concern.

I have a very good friend who sold a bike to a guy in Vegas, from Canada. It landed with duty/brokerage and the guy disputed and won, and through some mixup, PayPal refunded the buyer AND he kept the bike! My friend was sent to collections by PayPal when he refused to pay back the money that was refunded to the buyer.

Many other stories where a buyer will change their address or redirect a package once it arrives and somehow pull a scam where the package technically was not delivered in the eyes of PayPal. Seller looses their package and their money.

PayPal can also hold a seller's funds almost indefinitely and you can do nothing about it, which has happened to me a couple of times.

The PayPal scales are actually tilted in favor of crafty buying scam artists in many scenarios.

I will now almost exclusively and unapologetically accept cash on pickup or e-transfers only. If someone doesn't like that then they don't have to buy. BUT I am always prompt and responsive when I have someone's payment, I think that is just common courtesy and good selling etiquette. When you ship something, sending a buyer a tracking number is something you should do before you even leave the post office parking lot. No one wants to do business with someone who is difficult or unresponsive once they have your money, and I think the OP is justified in his post as this was most certainly the case. Sending tracking literally takes 30 seconds.

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
I absolutely do not accept paypal as a payment at this point. Been burned too many times by pricks looking to get more than they deserve. If someone refuses to pay in any form other than paypal, I normally assume at this point they're either being purposely difficult or are trying to scam me. Pass.

Been selling shit here for over a decade, yet to mess around with a single sale.

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 0:15 Quote
looks like a scam, new account, low price and ad is stolen from here

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bike/oshawa-durham-region/29er-2020-kona-big-honzo-mountain-bike/1587839481

scam ad

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3170552/

Posted: Oct 2, 2021 at 23:33 Quote
Paypal doesn't always protect the buyer. I bought some HID lights for my truck in Dec of 2019, the seller never shipped the lights, nor did they answer any of e-mails, or phone calls. I filed a claim with paypal 2 weeks after no contact, or lights.
Paypal sided with me, But, I never got the refund even after contacting paypal numerous times. Eventually I gave up and decided not to use paypal unless it is absolutely necessary. In case anyone is wondering, I'm out $128.00 USD.

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 17:18 Quote
Wanted to let everyone know about this scammer:

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/Kakapopp/

No, I have not paid him anything or lost money. However I have proof that he is a scammer. His account was created today, after which he contacted many of the people with recent Wanted ads on Pinkbike (myself included). Literally copied and pasted my ad title in his message. I quickly realized what he was up to, so contacted some people who were likely targeted. Another user just confirmed that he was contacted "Kakapopp" as well regarding his Wanted ad. Kakapopp told me that he was from New York, and told the other user that he was from Louisiana... which I'm guessing he stole from me because I told him that I was in Louisiana.

This isn't the first scammer I've seen attempt this method on PinkBike... so I was already on guard. Please feel free to DM me if you need any further information. Thanks.

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
that guy above kokapopp was trying to scam me as well

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 23:37 Quote
JosephVanRoekel wrote:
that guy above kokapopp was trying to scam me as well

I've reported them, thanks both, hopefully a mod will remove them today

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 2:27 Quote
Scammed by a pinkbike seller.

The only problem is, i cant find the listing anymore, so i cant report the seller. He had been on the forum for some time. Bought a set of fox 38's from him.

Made the standard excuses about family not being well, bla bla bla.

Opened a PayPal case and the seller sent a refund, however the refund didn't go through due to lack of funds. Asked to go to my credit card company.

I know his name was josh and the company paypal info was Purevo ltd

http://www.eco-barber.com

Just a heads up to avoid him.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 3:39 Quote
sherpaman wrote:

The only problem is, i cant find the listing anymore, so i cant report the seller. He had been on the forum for some time. Bought a set of fox 38's from him.

Opened a PayPal case and the seller sent a refund, however the refund didn't go through due to lack of funds. Asked to go to my credit card company.

Do you have any messages from him in your pinkbike messages / inbox? This will provide a link to the user

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
sewer-rat wrote:
sherpaman wrote:

Do you have any messages from him in your pinkbike messages / inbox? This will provide a link to the user

I didn’t no. I got his number from the listing then text him.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 4:37 Quote
sherpaman wrote:
sewer-rat wrote:
sherpaman wrote:

I didn’t no. I got his number from the listing then text him.

Ah sorry to hear that, without his username the mods will struggle to trace him

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
if it comes back up,

its a set of fox 38 forks.

I will keep a look out and post them if it comes back up.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 4:54 Quote
sherpaman wrote:
if it comes back up,

its a set of fox 38 forks.

I will keep a look out and post them if it comes back up.

If they do just post the link quickly here

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013270
Mobile Version of Website