Bicycle Life Hack Thread

PB Forum :: Tutorials
Bicycle Life Hack Thread
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2013 at 16:55 Quote
Post some random life hacks or tips how to make life easier that are related to bikes. I have no idea how many there are so hopefully this thread will help someone out!

1) Quick releases can be used as emergency tire levers
2) Your saddle can double as a wrist splint, and your seat post as another splint
3) If your goggles get fogged up, pop the lenses out and just wear the goggle frames. This will still help to keep mud from your eyes
4) You can use your wheel as a bottle opener if you pedal and wedge the bottle between the spokes. Clearly not recommended...
5) Pretty obvious but an old tube and zap straps can be used as a ghetto chainstay protector

Any others?

Posted: Aug 19, 2013 at 5:18 Quote
MtbBoy2-4 wrote:
Post some random life hacks or tips how to make life easier that are related to bikes. I have no idea how many there are so hopefully this thread will help someone out!

3) If your goggles get fogged up, pop the lenses out and just wear the goggle frames. This will still help to keep mud from your eyes

WTF ?

Posted: Nov 29, 2013 at 8:18 Quote
trim down an old inner tube to be used a shock mud gaurd ...

also one time i saw this old dude that had fashioned a rotor mud sheild out of an old milk jug

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 14:28 Quote
Always carry electrical tape and zip tires just I case something breaks but you can still ride to straps it out of the way i v done it when I busted a break lever

Posted: Dec 13, 2013 at 13:36 Quote
smear colgate tooth paste on your goggle lenses then pollish it off to prevent fogging ... scuba divers trick

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008863
Mobile Version of Website