Avid or Hope

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 12:30 Quote
hey guys, im in the process of changing out my juicy 5 on my RM switch to something more powerful with more mod, and it has came down to these couple

2008 avid code
Hope Moto V2

what do you guys think is the best for freeride ( 30 foot gaps and such and whistler once a summer ) and some downhill races, and lots of trails??

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 12:34 Quote
The Juicy 5 has outstanding power and modulation. I strongly suggest you get them bled and try new pads before going with a new set of brakes. Galfer pads are well-liked, Kool-Stop seem to be making people happy, and Avid's own metallic pads will probably do you better than their organic compound, which may be what you have.

If you don't already have 8" rotors, get one for the front and either an 8" or 7" for the rear. Rotors are almost universally cross-compatible, so feel free to experiment with other brands. I've heard Galfer rotors are excellent, though I haven't tried 'em, myself. My Hope rotor has more bite than my Shimano rotors for some unknown reason.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 12:43 Quote
ya i have both front and rear 8" discs, i would just rather try another more hardcore brake then my 5's, like mine are pretty good, but im just looking for something a bit more powerful, which would you choose ?

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 12:56 Quote
I haven't tried the Moto, so I can only tell you that the Code is plenty powerful.

You should also consider Magura's Lousie FR and Gustav and Formula's Oro or their new...whatever the new DH one is called. All four of those models or families are amazingly powerful.

Posted: Oct 1, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
I'd go with the Codes if I were you.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 9:36 Quote
Get hope's . I've rode with both brakes and moto's are for the win .. And easy to bleed unlike avid's.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 9:38 Quote
Well I hope in the 2 years and 9 months since the last post he was able to make a choice.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 9:39 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Well I hope in the 2 years and 9 months since the last post he was able to make a choice.
yeah lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010453
Mobile Version of Website