commencal mini dh . can you put 888's on it

PB Forum :: Downhill
commencal mini dh . can you put 888's on it
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 1:23 Quote
hi, i was just looking on the internet and came across the commencal mini dh 6.3 from 07 , i was wondering if you could put 888's on it and what is this thing with an adjustable head angle . would 888's effect the geometry.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 1:50 Quote
the adjustable head angle, gives there different head angles option, -1, 0, or +1 degree of change. i have a 66 on it atm, which feels perfect. but yer i think a 888 would work, as long as its one of the newer ones that has a lower axle-to-crown height.
how long are the 888s ur thinkin of puttin on it?

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 10:05 Quote
if i get one then it will be 888 world cups

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
what about the commencal 6.3 mini dh the o7 model that does not have an adjustable head tube , would 888's work on that

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
I don't think I'd reccomend it, it only has six inches of rear travel, with an eight inch fork in the front it'd be a very slack bike, I'd keep it matched with six inches or at most seven inches in the front. If you've got the money, get the fox 40, you can internally adjust the travel between six to eight inches of travel with spacers.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
but if it had the adjustable head tube would it work them

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
but if it had the adjustable head tube would it work them

The front end would still be pretty high with a 888. Check with the warrenty to see how big a fork can be used on it before you even consider putting a 888 on your bike.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
one of my m8s has done it on a mini dh and his bikes geometry is fine and it looks fine too

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:14 Quote
anyway how much would it cost to put thosespacers in a fox 40

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
one of my m8s has done it on a mini dh and his bikes geometry is fine and it looks fine too

Well if you like it then go for it, but IMO it would ride much nicer with a fork that it's actualy meant to be used with. I'd look into a 36, 66 or a nixon for that frame. If your style riding requires a fork like a 888 then the mini dh is probably the wrong frame for you.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:23 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
I don't think I'd reccomend it, it only has six inches of rear travel, with an eight inch fork in the front it'd be a very slack bike, I'd keep it matched with six inches or at most seven inches in the front. If you've got the money, get the fox 40, you can internally adjust the travel between six to eight inches of travel with spacers.
thank you , i think that you have been the only helpful person in sugesting another dh fork

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
so you think then that all the people off mtbrider.com who tested the dh mini's are all rong then and that they dont have a clue about the bike even though they rode it with all different types of forks and suggested thet dual clamps would be good on it for dh

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
so you think then that all the people off mtbrider.com who tested the dh mini's are all rong then and that they dont have a clue about the bike even though they rode it with all different types of forks and suggested thet dual clamps would be good on it for dh

If you don't believe me then go ahead, put a big fork on a small bike and have some nice raked out fun. But like I said, IMO that bike would do better with a singlecrown forrk, it isn't meant to be a full on dh bike it's supposed to be a more versitile freeride machine but it's you bike so do what you like with it.

Putting the spacers in the 40 to lower it would work out ok, but that pretty much defeats the purpose of running a dh fork. If you want alot of strength and travel look at the 66 or maby the totem, they're more then enough fork for that bike.

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
yes , but they are freeride , arnt they ? fox 40 i no it does realy defeat the object but 7" is only one inch less

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
anyway how much would it cost to put thosespacers in a fox 40

If your friendly with the mechanics at your local shop they'd probably do it for free, if not a small labor fee of like 10-15 bucks.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011801
Mobile Version of Website