did the mini dh replace the supreme 6's

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
mini dh in the supreme 6

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
edit your rite they changed them up a bit Frown

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:

the mini DH replaced the Supreme 6's, the bike has always been designed as a mini Downhill bike, meant to slay bike parks around the world
Commencal beleives this bike suits more riders than the regular full on DH bikes that most people ride at bike parks, its geometry and handling is very similar to a DH race bike but you can actually ride it up some switchbacks to your fave trails

Posted: Jan 7, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
mamaloney wrote:
hows it mini? is it like a foot tall?

haha, no its normal sizing but they do have a 24" wheeled smaller frame for smaller people and kids
check it out

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://shop.freeflowbikes.com/ekmps/shops/glasgowcycles/images/supreme_mini_dh_24.jpg

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 0:17 Quote
I ran 888's on my 07 VIP Mini DH for a while this past year at Whistler. It handled ok, but it was pretty raked out. I'm running single crown forks with less travel now, and it handles way better.
From what I understand, Commencal will not warranty a bike if it's running forks with more than 6" up front.
I guess give it a go, and see what you think, but I didn't like it much, so I opted for less travel up front.
You might have some luck searching through posts on this website for more info: www.commencalownersclub.com.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
georgethebiker wrote:
so you think then that all the people off mtbrider.com who tested the dh mini's are all rong then and that they dont have a clue about the bike even though they rode it with all different types of forks and suggested thet dual clamps would be good on it for dh

The guy gave his opinion, which is what you asked for is it not? He said nothing about mtbr, especially not that they were wrong.

And anyway, most single crown forks of 160/170mm are perfectly capable of all but the toughest of DH courses.

So just chill.Cool

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
yes i now ive talked to the guy about that i didnt get what he ment anyway d.w about it

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
sirbikealot wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

the mini DH replaced the Supreme 6's, the bike has always been designed as a mini Downhill bike, meant to slay bike parks around the world
Commencal beleives this bike suits more riders than the regular full on DH bikes that most people ride at bike parks, its geometry and handling is very similar to a DH race bike but you can actually ride it up some switchbacks to your fave trails
nope still called teh suprme 6 they just mixed er up a bit

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 0:50 Quote
ajaxpowder wrote:
sirbikealot wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:

well we are both right
The official new name is 6.1 supreme Mini DH, but Mini DH covers the 6.2 and 6.1 and 6.24", that is what i was getting at. Surpeme covers those 3 bikes plus the two Supreme DH bikes.
cheers

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
sirbikealot wrote:
ajaxpowder wrote:
sirbikealot wrote:

well we are both right
The official new name is 6.1 supreme Mini DH, but Mini DH covers the 6.2 and 6.1 and 6.24", that is what i was getting at. Surpeme covers those 3 bikes plus the two Supreme DH bikes.
cheers
ok Smile i just read that they lost the 6.3 and there is only 2 models the lower 6.2 also lost the adjustable head angle

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
Does anyone know how much travel the 08 commencal mini DH 6.1 has? I really want to know. Could I put some Fox 36 Vanillas or one of the 36 series fork on it?

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
Does anyone know how much travel the 08 commencal mini DH 6.1 has? I really want to know. Could I put some Fox 36 Vanillas or one of the 36 series fork on it?

6 inches, the fox 36 is a perfect fork

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
Think I Could do some O Cupping with it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015488
Mobile Version of Website