Recommendations for a DJ MTB for around $800?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Recommendations for a DJ MTB for around $800?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 16:43 Quote
Hey everyone, I miss my BMX days and I'm selling my entry level Trek soon. I'd like to know your opinions on a good Dirt Jump Mountain Bike for around $800, 900 would be really pushing it. I know going used is the best route but unless it's a great deal I prefer new (plus there's not much around here).

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks Guys!

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 16:53 Quote
The airborne wingman definetly has the best value for only $500, personally I'd buy one of those and use the extra money for upgrades later, but if you want a big name brand the specialized p 26 am is decent.

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 17:05 Quote
midbestdj wrote:
The airborne wingman definetly has the best value for only $500, personally I'd buy one of those and use the extra money for upgrades later

Other than needing a bash guard off the bat, what other upgrades would it need? Or by "later" did you mean ride it stock til it breaks and throw on upgrades when I need them?

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 17:28 Quote
Just curious why would it need a bash guard?

Posted: Aug 29, 2013 at 17:35 Quote
Wouldn't need a bash guard. I dont know everyone likes diferent stuff I'd put a 20mm fork and front wheel on, other than that it's spec'd really nice. But really it's best to buy used on that budget. For around 800 you'll be able to get a sweet bike that would've been easily over a thousand new

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 20:34 Quote
With a decent budget of $800 you can definitely find a deal in the BuySell section. It's all a matter of how much time you're willing to spend searching and/or haggling. But you're definitely going to get more bang for your buck buying a quality build that's used. Good luck!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008948
Mobile Version of Website