Stopping children wrecking your jumps

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Stopping children wrecking your jumps
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 4:56 Quote
Lately I've been having some trouble with people wrecking me and my mates jump spot. At my local spot last week i arrived to see the jumps smashed with piles of rubbish in front of them, shovels stolen and several bongs around the place. I've seen a few groups of kids who honestly cant do jumps at all around the place who like rolling over the jumps until their flattened!
Having spent hours of work on the place its heartbreaking to comeback to it being destroyed. Has anyone got any things they do to keep their jump spot from getting wrecked?
thanks

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 5:10 Quote
Hire a couple homies with AK47s to patrol day and night. If they see anyone empty a couple clips into them.

But seriously, unless you own the land the jumps are on, there's nothing you can do.

Posted: Aug 30, 2013 at 8:12 Quote
We had the same problem.There was a group of bums that lived in a tent about 100' away from our spot,so we made freinds with them,and believe it or not they actually kept an eye on the jumps for us,and ran a couple people out of there.other then that, I hate to say theres not much you can do.sorry dude

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 10:25 Quote
If you see them, you should just talk to them and see if it works. There's really nothing else you can do.

Posted: Aug 31, 2013 at 13:33 Quote
I find most kids do a bunch of runups till they get pissed off then start ruining everything in anger. Just put a couple locks and chains in between the jumps. If people still mess with them then sit out there for a weekend and anyone that comes out talk to them.. all I can say.

Posted: Sep 1, 2013 at 13:35 Quote
me and my friends have the same problen.... When we arrived yesterday all our stuff was stolen...

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 9:58 Quote
Hide your spot better, don't tell anyone about it.

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 21:37 Quote
Build jumps on private land or find a really seculded that's the only way I have built tons of jumps just to hit them once and watch them get torn down.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 18:26 Quote
my crew had the same problem considering everybody and their brother knows about because its been there 30 years, we took out all of the tabletops and mad them all gaps that are sketchy as f ck. (you learn more and have more fun that way hahaha)

posted that then re read what you said, we also started seeing the kids there often because i am there all the time the group of about 6 or 8 of us told them straight up, and told them what would happen if they didnt listen and havent seen them since

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011415
Mobile Version of Website