The Official Beer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Official Beer Thread
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 16:47 Quote
I was drinking the Sam Adams stony brook red the other day, it's 9%. Not bad, pretty tart because of the fruit it was brewed with.

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 18:32 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Man.... bottle share this weekend. HOLY SMOKES!

The Reverend by Avery Brewing Company
Big Sound Scotch Ale by Cigar City Brewing
White Chocolate by The Bruery
Wee Heavy by AleSmith Brewing
SXNW by Widmer
Prairie Noir by Prairie Artisan Ales
Decadence (2011) by AleSmith
Meantime IPA by Meantime Brewing
Tumescence by The Bruery
F.U.N. Series 006 Cherries of Fire by Karbach Brewing Co.
Sans Pagaie (2013) by The Bruery
Chocolate Rain (2012) by The Bruery (Very close to the best beer I've ever had)
2013 Stone IRS by Stone
Maui Waui IPA by Altamont Beer Works
Barrel Aged Bigfoot Barleywine (2013) by Sierra Nevada
Big Foot standard (2012) by Sierra
Mash & Grind by The Bruery
Huge Arker Imperial Stout by Anderson Valley
Runa Brown Ale by Ales Aguillons
Matt's Burning Rosids by Stone

also had a Knuckle Sandwich by Bootlegger's on Friday and had one of those Chive Black Lagers.

Busy weekend.

You Win.

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 16:17 Quote
Had the new enjoy by from stone this weekend. Pretty good brew. Also had a bottle of knee deep simtra which may be one of my favorite beers right now

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 20:47 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I know dogfish and the bruery both have a pretty good number of 14-22% beers that are outstanding.

Hi guys I'm new to the conversation. I had some barleywine from dfh that was 17% not too long ago. Still very smooth and not too boozy.

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 21:25 Quote
17%!? Damn son!

Just picked up a bottle of stones new imperial Russian stout. Should be pretty good. Also, tried a peanut butter stout this weekend. It was... Different. But kinda fun

Mod
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
The stone RIS is always good-the off year Espresso RIS is amazing... The Enjoy by is also always good.

The 120minute from DFH is also somewhere from 16-20%, big big TIPA.

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 15:24 Quote
I don't think Ive ever had the 120min. Ive only been able to get my hands on 60 and 90

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 16:13 Quote
I wish I could try the 120 minute ipa. But I have yet to see it local. I have this feeling that its a one day beer.

Mod
Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 17:30 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
I wish I could try the 120 minute ipa. But I have yet to see it local. I have this feeling that its a one day beer.
We get 24 bottles in each shipment for the whole valley. Sometimes there is a small keg floating around...

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
I can get the 120 just about any time I want if you guys are that desperate for it. LOL!.

I don't like it as much as the 90.

Mod
Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 11:55 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
I can get the 120 just about any time I want if you guys are that desperate for it. LOL!.

I don't like it as much as the 90.
My buddy is the works for the company that distributes DFH, so I can get it when I want to. It's a rare occasion, the 90 is far better. my local corner bar now has 60 minute, which is pretty rad. But so many decent little breweries popping up on phx that it's fun to check out new places frequently...

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 19:40 Quote
I can't say I'm desperate, but with it being so rare around here, I'm very curious to try it. I really like the 90 minute ipa. And a local bar has an ipa night on mondays where they pump it though some spice hopper thing.

Mod
Posted: Mar 28, 2014 at 17:07 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
I can't say I'm desperate, but with it being so rare around here, I'm very curious to try it. I really like the 90 minute ipa. And a local bar has an ipa night on mondays where they pump it though some spice hopper thing.
Likely a Randall. Also made by dogfish head. Very fun. You can get mini Randall for at home and dry hop your beer or add other things. I'm a fan of dryhopping with pellets and letting it go for a few days then cooling it and drinking. Mirror pond with a gram of Amarillo is flat out outstanding..,

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 8:20 Quote
So I was able to try knee deep hoparillo and hopoholic last night. The hoparillo is a triple IPA and was really good. Nice and piney, nice happy finish. The hopoholic is a quadruple IPA. Not really that good. The overbearing sweetness kinda masked the hoppyness of the drink

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 12:21 Quote
kev211 wrote:
So I was able to try knee deep hoparillo and hopoholic last night. The hoparillo is a triple IPA and was really good. Nice and piney, nice happy finish. The hopoholic is a quadruple IPA. Not really that good. The overbearing sweetness kinda masked the hoppyness of the drink

Those guys are blowing up right now. They tried to get picked up by the company my brother works for. They're a coors distributor that specializes in micros. For some reason they decided not to pick them up. I told them they're nuts. They make good quality beers that are drinkable. They're growing quick.

If you get a chance... look around for Altamont beers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.054416
Mobile Version of Website