The Official Beer Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Official Beer Thread
Mod
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 21:01 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
kev211 wrote:
So I was able to try knee deep hoparillo and hopoholic last night. The hoparillo is a triple IPA and was really good. Nice and piney, nice happy finish. The hopoholic is a quadruple IPA. Not really that good. The overbearing sweetness kinda masked the hoppyness of the drink

Those guys are blowing up right now. They tried to get picked up by the company my brother works for. They're a coors distributor that specializes in micros. For some reason they decided not to pick them up. I told them they're nuts. They make good quality beers that are drinkable. They're growing quick.

If you get a chance... look around for Altamont beers.
Hoptologist is also good, as is their citra(or is it simtra?) epa. Isn't Hop shortage also by them as well-that may be left coast? I can't remember...

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 21:38 Quote
Cheap beer wise you guys like kona?

Mod
Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 21:44 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
The fire rock pale is pretty good. I score lagunitas cases at costco sometimes. Or brew my own. Maybe brewing a dipa this weekend.

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 21:56 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
kev211 wrote:
So I was able to try knee deep hoparillo and hopoholic last night. The hoparillo is a triple IPA and was really good. Nice and piney, nice happy finish. The hopoholic is a quadruple IPA. Not really that good. The overbearing sweetness kinda masked the hoppyness of the drink

Those guys are blowing up right now. They tried to get picked up by the company my brother works for. They're a coors distributor that specializes in micros. For some reason they decided not to pick them up. I told them they're nuts. They make good quality beers that are drinkable. They're growing quick.

Hoptologist is also good, as is their citra(or is it simtra?) epa. Isn't Hop shortage also by them as well-that may be left coast? I can't remember...

Citra and simtra are both by them. Cita is an epa and simtra is a triple IPA. I'm actually drinking a hoptologist as I write this.

Knee deep is one of my favorite breweries by far. Theyre on it.

Anyone tried any beers from bootleggers brewery? I had the knuckle sandwich dipa. Pretty damn good beer.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 1:04 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
The fire rock pale is pretty good. I score lagunitas cases at costco sometimes. Or brew my own. Maybe brewing a dipa this weekend.

Just had their big wave golden ale for the first time and I thought it was pretty good, pretty weak on the alcohol percentage but not bad.

Mod
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 7:58 Quote
kev211 wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Citra and simtra are both by them. Cita is an epa and simtra is a triple IPA. I'm actually drinking a hoptologist as I write this.

Anyone tried any beers from bootleggers brewery? I had the knuckle sandwich dipa. Pretty damn good beer.
I've also only had the knuckle sandwich, liked it.

Had the Alpha centauri DIPA recently from Oregon, that was nice. Also had the Crux fermentation project something or other, also liked that.

Had a RIS with Jalapenos and Cacao nibs from belize and costa rica was freaking fantastic, also cool that it landed on my 1000th beer on untappd... I wish I hadn't lost my old beer notebook that had a ton of small micro stuff from the east coast.

I think all the Kona stuff is in the 5-7 percent range unless you're at the taproom in the brewery where they have some fun bigger beers.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
That's what I thought to but on untapped it said 4.4% lol

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 10:11 Quote
kev211 wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Actually had a knuckle sandwich a couple weeks ago... it's in that big list I posted up. LOL!

Pretty good drinker for being as high up the percentage list as it is. I liked it. They make a few others that are pretty solid too.

Dude... 1000 beers. Why is it we're not linked up on Tapp'd?

I just started using it again. I think I'm only in the 30's.

Mod
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 11:09 Quote
Haha, another great tipa was Carnage from black diamond. Very nice bittering hops used awesome for an 11%.

I think I'm mrisaacds on there. Also up for trades, though the stuff you'd want from phx isn't bottled...

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 11:47 Quote
I want to trade someone from the east coast or I think like Chicago area. I want the municipal waste collab beer.

Mod
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
I want to trade someone from the east coast or I think like Chicago area. I want the municipal waste collab beer.
Chicago-pipeworks brewing. Trade for all of it.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 13:35 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
Chicago-pipeworks brewing. Trade for all of it.

Ah yes that's it, I've had some of their end of days batches and they were all great.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 15:36 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:

I want to try some Brooklyn beers. I hear great things but haven't been able to find them.

Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 15:42 Quote
Also I want something from Founders.

Mod
Posted: Apr 11, 2014 at 15:51 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Also I want something from Founders.
Wait. What! You've never?? They are distributing to phx as of the 21st of the month.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016146
Mobile Version of Website