Giant Trance 27.5

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance 27.5
Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 4:51 Quote
DanVV wrote:
Wahey! After editing the post about four times, I’ve gotten it to work... although in hindsight it’s not the best pic!
It more than gets the point across.
the guard looks great. I just worry that it won't clear my 2.6 tires...and mud. i'll see if i can find a retailer here in the States that offers them and try one out.

Thank you.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 0:32 Quote
I’m not sure if you do social media, but the guy that owns the company runs the RapidRacerProducts page and is usually pretty good at responding to questions (if it’s not already been answered in a post elsewhere!)
I’ll be testing mine out in anger next Friday in Wales...

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 1:07 Quote
Hi everyone
ive got a 2016 Giant trance Advanced, and currently running some 2.3 Maxxis Minion DHF on the front and a agressor 2.3 on the rear, just was wondering if anyone else with similar non boost, "Narrow" rim trances went to 2.5s and if so whether 2.5 is a bit too wide on the front for clearance, along with the narrow rim?
thanks

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 13:14 Quote
iamandrew wrote:
Hi everyone
ive got a 2016 Giant trance Advanced, and currently running some 2.3 Maxxis Minion DHF on the front and a agressor 2.3 on the rear, just was wondering if anyone else with similar non boost, "Narrow" rim trances went to 2.5s and if so whether 2.5 is a bit too wide on the front for clearance, along with the narrow rim?
thanks
Front clearance depends on the fork you have.
I have a '15 Adv upgraded to 30mm rims, last summer ran a 2.6" Rock Razor rear (measured true 2.6" tread width), with decent clearance.
If you have the same 21mm carbon rims mine came with, 2.5" tires won't have a great profile but should clear the frame.

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 2:05 Quote
brianl wrote:
iamandrew wrote:
Hi everyone
thanks
Front clearance depends on the fork you have.
I have a '15 Adv upgraded to 30mm rims, last summer ran a 2.6" Rock Razor rear (measured true 2.6" tread width), with decent clearance.
If you have the same 21mm carbon rims mine came with, 2.5" tires won't have a great profile but should clear the frame.

Ok cool thanks for that. I might just keep running the 2.3s or maybe go to high rollers at 2.4 instead

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
I’ve got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket... I’m thinking getting a Hope AM stem and possibly new bars to match (possibly Renthal or Easton). Currently have the standard 50/780 Giant set up, no complaints I just want shiney stuff. Thinking of going 35/800, is this too short and wide for a trail bike? What rise should I go for on the bar? Not sure what the standard kit is, but the stem will be 0 degree so thinking 10mm or 20mm rise on the bar

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
DanVV wrote:
I’ve got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket... I’m thinking getting a Hope AM stem and possibly new bars to match (possibly Renthal or Easton). Currently have the standard 50/780 Giant set up, no complaints I just want shiney stuff. Thinking of going 35/800, is this too short and wide for a trail bike? What rise should I go for on the bar? Not sure what the standard kit is, but the stem will be 0 degree so thinking 10mm or 20mm rise on the bar
yes

Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
DanVV wrote:

Definitely a question best answered through experience. Buy them stem (if you want), then try and borrow bars from friends/a shop/ a local riding group, or pick up a few second hand that you can re-sell. Dont forget that seat position and stem height (on the fork steerer) will change how you feel. Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Anybody looking for a good deal on a 2018 Giant Trance Advanced 2 with lots of upgrades?

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Are the cranks on the 2017 Trance 2 boost?

Posted: Jan 6, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
Hoping on a Trance this season. Not sure whether to got for '19 Trance 2 or a used Trance Advanced (1/0). I'm leaning for the used advanced. I've found a '17 Advanced 1 with '18 advanced 0 frame as the original was replaced under warranty. What's your opinion?

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
Hoping on a Trance this season. Not sure whether to got for '19 Trance 2 or a used Trance Advanced (1/0). I'm leaning for the used advanced. I've found a '17 Advanced 1 with '18 advanced 0 frame as the original was replaced under warranty. What's your opinion?
Checkout mine for sale

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 5:00 Quote
jkella wrote:
Bflutz625 wrote:
Checkout mine for sale

Sorry I'm not looking to cross border shop. Especially with carbon as I cant see it first

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
I've upgraded most of the components on my '17 T2 and can't reasonably take any more weight out of it. I'd like to shed another 1-3lbs, but the alloy frame is the limiting factor right now.

bearing all that in mind, i'd advise the Advanced.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013856
Mobile Version of Website