Help with Price point

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Help with Price point
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:
im gonna ask but it says Credit Cards
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover it doesnt say debt

99% of debit cards are backed by visa, as long as it says visa on the card youre good.

ATM cards do not have the visa logo, and wont work, but my debit always works on their site.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
pricepoint is great, i ordered a whole bunch of stuff off there for christmas and i live in new brunswick, canada , and it only took 6 days for my stuff to get here from california, it was really great, the only problem is they dont ship oversized stuff to canada, i have to pick up my repair stand in maine.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
Price Point is amazing.. I bought some brakes on Wednesday and they were here on Friday.

You need a credit card to pay. Give your parents the cash up front and then get them to use tha card. It's what I do.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
soo would fork count as over sized?

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:

depends on the fork. Lyrik JUST fits under oversize, anything with a bigger box than that is oversize.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
brodiebrat92 wrote:

depends on the fork. Lyrik JUST fits under oversize, anything with a bigger box than that is oversize.
im looking to get argyle 302's..

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
jensonusa ships oversized items to canada...they shipped me my saris cycleon pro rack in 2 days...just another option for u

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
id bet its not oversize, I have an argyle box here, and its smaller than the lyrik box in every dimension by quite a bit.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
I think that his best bet is to call them and ask if its oversized or not. I've had that happen to me and been gouged out alot of cash because the box was 2" too big.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
jensonusa ships oversized items to canada...they shipped me my saris cycleon pro rack in 2 days...just another option for u

can you use paypal or do you have to use credit card?

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
Also if your in Canada and getting it shipped to your house, your going to get charged import duties (8% I think), brokerage fees (probably around $40-$80), and possible some more charges. I to am in Canada but found a much easier way of buying stuff online... Since I live 20 minutes from the border, I get them to ship my stuff to a UPS store in the states. This saves me from overseas shipping charges, duties, brokerage fees, and all that other crap. Then when bringing it back, you just say it was a late christmas gift and you dont have the receit lol...

EDIT: I never even answered your question lol.. I've used paypal before and you have to give out your credit card info PLUS your bank account info to confirm your credit card. So instead of giving out just your credit card info, your giving out something else though it is totally safe. If your parents are worried, get them to order the stuff over the phone and ask the guy at pricepoint how safe it really is. He should do a good job of explaining to them.

EDIT EDIT: scratch the USA shipping, I just googled Delta USA and you live a descent far amount from the border.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
brodiebrat92 wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

can you use paypal or do you have to use credit card?

directly off their site:

What payment methods do you accept?
Jenson USA offers several methods of payment options.

Credit Card – We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.

Check or Money Order - Payment can be made by Personal Check or Money Order in US funds in only. Please allow an additional 10 days for personal checks to process. Sorry, we do no handle COD orders.

International Wire Transfer – Please contact us for further information on this payment method.

http://www.jensonusa.com/help_desk/ordermethods.aspx#paymethods

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
Straight off of pricepoints website under "Payment Methods"
http://www.pricepoint.com/helpDesk/Payment.htm

Cashiers Check
Please make all payments to: Price Point Mail Order Ltd. We only accept payments in U.S. dollars.

Money Order
Please make all payments to: Price Point Mail Order Ltd. We only accept payments in U.S. dollars.

Wire Transfer
For international orders, we are able to accept wire transfers. Please e-mail Intlsales@pricepoint.com, fax (310) 769-6189, or call (310) 323-4256 for instructions.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
Duties arnt that bad.. They charge GST and PST and then a small brokerage fee. I only payed 38 bucks on 275worth of stuff

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
jenson covers the duty/brokerage fees in their $26 shipping fee...the time i ordered from pricepoint they didn;t and i got a nice bill in the mail...wasn't much but still

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.052158
Mobile Version of Website