PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
I'm torn between Long Travel Hardtail and Full Susser
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
Evans have sales for. 2013 bikes online fella check them out

Posted: Oct 18, 2013 at 11:48 Quote
jskiff wrote:
Evans have sales for. 2013 bikes online fella check them out

I'll go and have a look. I can't believe how few long travel hardtails are on sale from mainstream manufacturers.

Posted: Oct 21, 2013 at 4:03 Quote
Okay I just went through a similar process.I built up a new Dialled Prince Albert from scratch. I intended to spend around a grand but ended up going nuts. Even with a months worth of internet deal finding I did 2K plus! However I need a one bike fits all type deal. It's quick up and down, looks, feels great and I'm glad I stuck with a hardtail. Mainstream manufacturers are on the big wheel ticket so you will struggle. I'd go with Reynolds steel or ti if you can afford them but all the frames you've mentioned are great but it's how you dress them. All that said you can get fantastic off the peg steel hardtails still. I'd have a good look at the Scion from Pipedream.

Posted: Oct 21, 2013 at 7:37 Quote
Aaddiict. Why not just pop,all your gears and brakes over to the new frame??? That way all you really need is frame forks and wheels!!
Most shops if they phone and ask should be able to get a cotic bfe for you, forks I'd look at xfusions velvets, vengeance lowerd good cost to performance etc and with a bit of money hope wheels plus my be a charge to build it, but if your buying it all id have thought they'd do it for free. Only thing to,budget for is headset and possible bottom bracket.
Bats.

Posted: Oct 21, 2013 at 11:31 Quote
batman11 wrote:
Aaddiict. Why not just pop,all your gears and brakes over to the new frame??? That way all you really need is frame forks and wheels!!
Most shops if they phone and ask should be able to get a cotic bfe for you, forks I'd look at xfusions velvets, vengeance lowerd good cost to performance etc and with a bit of money hope wheels plus my be a charge to build it, but if your buying it all id have thought they'd do it for free. Only thing to,budget for is headset and possible bottom bracket.
Bats.

Thanks, it's something to think about, though I've pretty much worn out everything on my current bike.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011664
Mobile Version of Website