Anyone log some trail time on the Trance 27.5 yet?

PB Forum :: Giant
Anyone log some trail time on the Trance 27.5 yet?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 25, 2013 at 1:19 Quote
So I'm more than likely going to be pulling the trigger on a Trance 27.5 3, I demoed one last week and was pretty impressed with it. I did notice that the suspension seemed to be too plush, but im thinking it probably just wasn't set up right, the brakes seemed to be under powered, but the Deore drivetrain shifted better than I expected. So far this is the only bike in my price range I enjoyed testing, all the other bikes have been 29ers and I didn't like them at all.

I'll be riding mostly single track, maybe some light freeriding, and this bike seems to fit the bill, I just wanted to get some feedback from those of you that have already taken the leap.

Posted: Oct 27, 2013 at 5:34 Quote
I just got the 3 a few weeks ago. Coming off a trance 29(1) it took a few rides to get used to. It's a bit heavier than the 29 and there is a trade-off regarding roll over capability but it is a good compromise. The performance of the sektor fork is suprising for a low end fork. The bike is begging for lighter wheels/tires, a dropper post and if your inclined a 1x drivetrain. Overall I am very happy with it, very capable and fun to ride.

Posted: Nov 2, 2013 at 8:16 Quote
I have been riding a 27.5 1, I swapped the 140 stock fork with a 160 Pike. Being from Moab I have been able to ride some pretty aggressive terrain with it and overall I find it to be an improvement over my old Reign. Don't miss the 1/2 inch of travel in the rear at all and the bike manuals and wheelies up and over boulders really well. It's a tad long feeling in slow, tight tech sections but that is my only complaint so far...oh and the new drop out sucks...one tiny bolt holds it on, lock tite it for sure. It all so climbs better even though the head angle is so slack. Gotta go....ridin' Porcupine today! Cheers.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 9:24 Quote
I'd say go for it! I have the Trance 27.5 3 and It's my favorite Giant I've had so far. The 27.5' wheels are perfect for single track riding and even some light downhill stuff. Been riding mine for almost 4 months and I love taking it out each time.
They're is some things you might want to upgrade like the other said, but this is all relative deepening on where you live and what kind of trails you ride. I just ordered some Spank Oozy's wheels for it with Continental tires, a new Monarch plus and I'm also thinking of making it a 1x10.

photo

Posted: Dec 20, 2013 at 23:08 Quote
Thanks for the input guys, but I ended up going with a 2013 Spesh Camber Comp, I'd have preferred 27.5 wheels and maybe a little more travel up front. But its damn near perfect for the trails around here, plus I got a good deal on it and the 29's aren't all that bad.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010890
Mobile Version of Website