Powered by Outside

Ok so i have a slight dilemma...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Ok so i have a slight dilemma...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 4:11 Quote
Im in the process of buying a new DH rig for next season and i have narrowed it down to 2 bikes.

1 The 2014 Canyon Torque DHX Rockzone £2399
2 The YT Industries Tues 2.0 Comp Edition £2499

Now the Canyon has a 3 month wait on it whereas the YT will be with me in 3 weeks. However the YT only comes in one colour and its pretty bland whereas the Canyon comes in a choice of 2 one of which has taken my fancy.

The YT also has slightly better specs albeit very small. Brakes being the main one with the Canyon only having elixir 7's and the YT having Codes.

I'd also go as far as saying the YT has a better wheelset with the DT Swiss YT2020's against the Canyons Sun Ringle charger experts.

The YT is £100 more though which granted isn't a lot but it does come with the boring paint work.

What are peoples thoughts?

https://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3270#tab-reiter2

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Gravity/TuEs-2.0-Comp

Thanks

FL
Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 5:50 Quote
Just go for the yt dude,there's a reason it got bike of the year in dirt. Also they seem easier to sell on when your fed up of it, personally I would wait until Nov/ DEC as they usually do a limited edition team bike for around that price but you have to get in quick with the order

Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 7:40 Quote
Definitely the yt, in the 3 month wait for the canyon, you could always strip the yt down and either paint it yourself or send it of to get painted professionally. This means you get the nicer bike with better parts in any coulor of your dreams Wink

Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 7:51 Quote
callumfraser wrote:
Definitely the yt, in the 3 month wait for the canyon, you could always strip the yt down and either paint it yourself or send it of to get painted professionally. This means you get the nicer bike with better parts in any coulor of your dreams Wink

I could do that but I'd void all warranty surely...?

Posted: Oct 26, 2013 at 8:28 Quote
Calyx-RTCS wrote:
callumfraser wrote:

I could do that but I'd void all warranty surely...?

Im not sure, give them an email and ask. I've just been on their website and seen a ltd edition which looks quite nice, mabye you could get that if it does void warranty?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008704
Mobile Version of Website