2011 Trance X 26in Crank Size

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 Trance X 26in Crank Size
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2013 at 16:06 Quote
I took out the pedal threading on my Oem crank so it's time for a new one. The bike has the original crank and shimano press fit BB. I am wanting to go zee as I have been very happy with the other zee components I have.

The zee crank comes in 63/73 and 83 sizes. How do I tell which I need? I'm not sure what part of my crank to measure to figure it out.

Thanks.

Posted: Nov 15, 2013 at 8:21 Quote
THE 63/73 OR 83 is the width of your bottom bracket. So if you measure your BB shell on the bike these numbers are the width in MM.
I've never owned a bike with the press fit BB, but if the Zee is a standard threaded bottom bracket than you most likely cannot use those cranks on this bike as it takes the press fit.

Posted: Nov 15, 2013 at 14:08 Quote
http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/news_and_info/news/introducing_zee.html

According to this, the Zee crank is press fit, so should it be compatible?

Posted: Nov 15, 2013 at 16:45 Quote
If its a press fit and the correct width, it should fit. However might be prudent to do some research to make sure before u buy. You should figure out what u have now, bb width, spindle length ect and then u will know what u need.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015443
Mobile Version of Website