Enduro Frame Talk

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro Frame Talk
Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:33 Quote
Rolleyes
Hermit185 wrote:
is 190 too much travel for enduro? was checking out the liteville 601 and thinking a bike with close to dh bike travel and weighing 32 pounds would be a good time all mountain, if it could be pedaled. becuase dh bikes, even sup 30 pound dh bikes, pedal like shit.

edit: i mean to say that i believe that a good AM bike is about kind of travel/effiency, rather than just how much.

double edit: and it works both ways, i was looking at the banshee spitfire as a trail bike, but its burly as hell. i think its less-than-most travel would be enough. snappy!

Easy... some don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. I felt the same way and some showed their animosity towards my opinions in a previous thread.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:34 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
Rolleyes
Hermit185 wrote:
is 190 too much travel for enduro? was checking out the liteville 601 and thinking a bike with close to dh bike travel and weighing 32 pounds would be a good time all mountain, if it could be pedaled. becuase dh bikes, even sup 30 pound dh bikes, pedal like shit.

edit: i mean to say that i believe that a good AM bike is about kind of travel/effiency, rather than just how much.

double edit: and it works both ways, i was looking at the banshee spitfire as a trail bike, but its burly as hell. i think its less-than-most travel would be enough. snappy!

Easy... some don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. I felt the same way and some showed their animosity towards my opinions in a previous thread.
oh please, im not afraid. teenagers are invincible.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:37 Quote
As I said before in reference to the Mojo talk, travel doesn't define the genre the bike rides in, geo does. If the geo is good for AM (the Liteville has some geo adjust) it'll work, regardless of the travel. If it's hyper upright it's going to be awful on the downs, no matter how long it is, on the flip side, you can make a hardtail descend like butter if the geo is right. People are getting way too caught up in the amount of travel they have in the rear, instead of choosing the bike based on geo.

I'd say it'd be pretty nice if you live in an area that's got hyper techy or high speed AM, otherwise, something shorter might be your jam,

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:37 Quote
I wouldn't imagine there would be many enduro races where you would need that much travel really.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:40 Quote
Hermit185 wrote:
tangaroo wrote:
Rolleyes
Hermit185 wrote:

oh please, im not afraid. teenagers are invincible.

Salute

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:41 Quote
dingus wrote:
I wouldn't imagine there would be many enduro races where you would need that much travel really.

It would be an awesome bike... just to have and ride it occassionally. But not very practical IMO.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:45 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
dingus wrote:

It would be an awesome bike... just to have and ride it occassionally. But not very practical IMO.

I'd see it more as an alternative to a full on DH rig that you can pedal to the top over and over rather than an all out enduro race bike.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:47 Quote
dingus wrote:
tangaroo wrote:
dingus wrote:

I'd see it more as an alternative to a full on DH rig that you can pedal to the top over and over rather than an all out enduro race bike.

This. To me it's a DH bike that can be lugged to the top, moreso than an AM bike that's great on the downs. The geo is pretty standard AM affair. It really won't do the downs that much better, if at all, than a dozen other frames out there. Nomad? Mojo? Enduro? Covert? That's where I'd be.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:47 Quote
sherbet wrote:
As I said before in reference to the Mojo talk, travel doesn't define the genre the bike rides in, geo does. If the geo is good for AM (the Liteville has some geo adjust) it'll work, regardless of the travel. If it's hyper upright it's going to be awful on the downs, no matter how long it is, on the flip side, you can make a hardtail descend like butter if the geo is right. People are getting way too caught up in the amount of travel they have in the rear, instead of choosing the bike based on geo.

I'd say it'd be pretty nice if you live in an area that's got hyper techy or high speed AM, otherwise, something shorter might be your jam,
"stop trying to make 'hyper' happen gretchin, its not going to happen." you bringing hyper back?

in all seriousness yeah i agree. i have a 71 degree HA on my xc bike and even with 29'er wheels its scary going fast over tech. its only got 80mm up front, and hanging off the back is really rough so.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:51 Quote
I'd like to pull this back into my own little debate from the other day;

People have been having a bit of a go at the Mojo lately for being a "half assed" bike because it's 30mm down on travel. Take a look at DH bikes, anyone with that opinion, and you'll notice bikes ranging in travel from 7" to 11". That just means there's a bike that caters to everyone's needs. It's not as if every bike has to fit some idiotic cookie cutter ideal of what you feel is the perfect AM bike, and calling it a half assed bike because of your ignorance to what others want in a bike is beyond idiotic. Not being the same bike for you is nowhere near being the "wrong" bike.

Sorry, got drunk yesterday and remembered that little debate.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:54 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd like to pull this back into my own little debate from the other day;

People have been having a bit of a go at the Mojo lately for being a "half assed" bike because it's 30mm down on travel. Take a look at DH bikes, anyone with that opinion, and you'll notice bikes ranging in travel from 7" to 11". That just means there's a bike that caters to everyone's needs. It's not as if every bike has to fit some idiotic cookie cutter ideal of what you feel is the perfect AM bike, and calling it a half assed bike because of your ignorance to what others want in a bike is beyond idiotic. Not being the same bike for you is nowhere near being the "wrong" bike.

Sorry, got drunk yesterday and remembered that little debate.
its a good point. no one calls the v-10 overkill becuase it has a 10.5 inch travel mode. if you want to gobble rock gardens then check it out. if your courses are smooth and jumpy then maybe dont!

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 11:57 Quote
Hermit185 wrote:
no one calls the v-10 overkill becuase it has a 10.5 inch travel mode. if you want to gobble rock gardens then check it out. if your courses are smooth and jumpy then put it in the 8" setting

fyp

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 at 16:54 Quote
dingus wrote:
tangaroo wrote:
dingus wrote:

Exactly!
Look like a super fun bike too!

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 8:28 Quote
Xprezo Adhoc frame weight with ctd 6.6lb .

Posted: Nov 11, 2013 at 8:52 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Xprezo Adhoc frame weight with ctd 6.6lb .
Still a horrible frame IMO.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012756
Mobile Version of Website