Your first trail builds, how did they go?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Your first trail builds, how did they go?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2013 at 0:08 Quote
Just thought it would be neat to hear the stories about everybody's first actual trail. was it epic, or a joke? Did it last only a few days because of your lack of experience? I think everybody who starts trail building without someone who is experience goes through the same kind of evolution in order to learn the proper techniques.

I would share my experience with you, but hell I'm still having it!

Posted: Nov 17, 2013 at 2:06 Quote
mrsnipes82 wrote:
Just thought it would be neat to hear the stories about everybody's first actual trail. was it epic, or a joke? Did it last only a few days because of your lack of experience? I think everybody who starts trail building without someone who is experience goes through the same kind of evolution in order to learn the proper techniques.

I would share my experience with you, but hell I'm still having it!

Horrendously, probably like everyone; no flow, badly shaped berms and everything was built on top of near-enough rotten sticks. If you don't have someone 'in the know' it takes years of experimentation to get somewhere decent.

Posted: Nov 19, 2013 at 20:29 Quote
made a series of jumps from puddles that dried up that made "loops"..... yeeeah i was 8 haha.

Posted: Nov 28, 2013 at 11:12 Quote
My first trail failed epicly. Built way too close to large trees. My second trail was in a slightly downhill field, and that one was awesome.

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 1:53 Quote
Built a short double into a berm. Ate shit on the double like a noob, never got to ride the berm, was a construction site two weeks later. Location location

Posted: Dec 2, 2013 at 4:08 Quote
Still building my first. About a year in now. Started while recovering from a broken neck Frown
Had experienced help once and i learned a little. Helped that i had already been riding more than 30 years so i know what to look for when choosing trail direction.

Posted: Dec 4, 2013 at 19:06 Quote
We have been building almost 4 years now. We have learned a lot. When we first started our main problem was the location. People always found the trail and destroyed it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009998
Mobile Version of Website