PB Forum :: Evil
Evil Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2023 at 16:32 Quote
Lion1 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
Here is my Evil Following V3. It is an amazing bike and it descends like a bike with 20+ millimeters of rear travel.
Specs:
Pike Ultimate fork
Deluxe ultimate rear shock
Burgtec purple stem and Ride Wide carbon bars
SRAM Code RSC brakes
Stans wheels with purple rim decals
Maxxis Rekon/Dissector tire combo
GX drivetrain with Truvativ carbon cranks
Purple jockey wheels
Alugear aluminum chainring
Purple seat post clamp with PNW loam dropper with purple rubber ring
Purple Huk-Tek lingkage hardware.
Ergon GD1 grips.

Sweet looking bike. I think after I get a dh bike the followings next. Where’d you get the jockey wheels?

Posted: Feb 23, 2023 at 20:08 Quote
kiranseligman wrote:
Lion1 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
Here is my Evil Following V3. It is an amazing bike and it descends like a bike with 20+ millimeters of rear travel.
Specs:
Pike Ultimate fork
Deluxe ultimate rear shock
Burgtec purple stem and Ride Wide carbon bars
SRAM Code RSC brakes
Stans wheels with purple rim decals
Maxxis Rekon/Dissector tire combo
GX drivetrain with Truvativ carbon cranks
Purple jockey wheels
Alugear aluminum chainring
Purple seat post clamp with PNW loam dropper with purple rubber ring
Purple Huk-Tek lingkage hardware.
Ergon GD1 grips.

Sweet looking bike. I think after I get a dh bike the followings next. Where’d you get the jockey wheels?
I’m pretty sure they are from a brand called JRC Bike. They are pretty inexpensive and haven’t siezed up yet so I call that a win in my book.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
Has anyone played around with running a short shock on a Wreckoning? I'm considering getting one and swapping for a shorter air shock to get either 143 (205×57.5) or 148 (205×60) rear travel and a 160 front fork to have more aggressive geo and slightly burlier frame than the offering.

Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
blevinci wrote:
Has anyone played around with running a short shock on a Wreckoning? I'm considering getting one and swapping for a shorter air shock to get either 143 (205×57.5) or 148 (205×60) rear travel and a 160 front fork to have more aggressive geo and slightly burlier frame than the offering.

Do they all use the same front triangle?

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 14:30 Quote
blevinci wrote:

I'm pretty sure the offering frame is burly enough as it is, can always add a cascade link to it and add progression and travel and slacken the headangle with a headset. Seems like the easier route

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 17:29 Quote
Muchogusto wrote:
blevinci wrote:

Do they all use the same front triangle?

No, they are all unique. I think the insurgent and wrekr might be the same. the tubing is sized relative to the intended use. The following has the most slender tubes and the wreckoning has the fattest.

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2023 at 18:35 Quote
dytrdr6 wrote:
blevinci wrote:

I'm pretty sure the offering frame is burly enough as it is, can always add a cascade link to it and add progression and travel and slacken the headangle with a headset. Seems like the easier route

I was considering that too. I like the idea that, hopefully, a short shocked wreck'r would fit/ride like the offering and would have a steeper seat angle while at the same time I could toss a 170 fork and 166 rear travel on there and it would still ride as intended. That's why I'm curious if anyone else has tried out a shorter stroke shock on the wreck'r and what the ride was like compared to a stock wreckr or and offering.

Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 8:46 Quote
I’d prob go with the wrecker. It has good geo with a 160 fork and has the added benefit of a 205mm eye to eye shock. Kinematics won’t be too crazy different when comparing an offering with a link (35% progressive) to a stock wrecker (~32% progressive). At the end of the day it really comes down to what color you want. Best of luck.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2023 at 11:20 Quote
blevinci wrote:
dytrdr6 wrote:
blevinci wrote:

I was considering that too. I like the idea that, hopefully, a short shocked wreck'r would fit/ride like the offering and would have a steeper seat angle while at the same time I could toss a 170 fork and 166 rear travel on there and it would still ride as intended. That's why I'm curious if anyone else has tried out a shorter stroke shock on the wreck'r and what the ride was like compared to a stock wreckr or and offering.

I have zero experience with the wrecker but I do have a V2 offering slacked out to 64.5 degree headangle, a ZEB upfront at 160 and a push 11.6 coil outback and can tell you it is a very capable bike. I still have my Nicolai G1 but the Offering doesn't give much up to it in terms of capability.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2023 at 6:49 Quote
Looking to upgrade the rear shock on my V3 Following. Does anyone have experience with the Cane Creek Coil IL or RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil?

Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 0:28 Quote
Anyone thrown a 170 fork on your offering? I was considering an upgrade to a 38mm fork anyway and I’ve found a great deal on last years fox ones but only in 170mm. Curious if anyone has ran anything past the 160mm recommended.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 6:43 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
Anyone thrown a 170 fork on your offering? I was considering an upgrade to a 38mm fork anyway and I’ve found a great deal on last years fox ones but only in 170mm. Curious if anyone has ran anything past the 160mm recommended.

Just buy it and get an airspring at the travel you want and install it. 20mm process all and all.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 6:52 Quote
ChrisTunn wrote:
I called Evil when I ordered the Offering LS frames for Mrs Roxtar and myself about this same question. I've generally overforked most of my bikes and been happy with them. They (Evil) said they really don't recommend it. They kind of hinted that it was really designed it around a 150mm fork and the 160mm was somewhat overforking but acceptable.
I went with 160 and the 1.5* angleset and glad I did.

BTW, before you toss $ at a 38, look into the Manitou Mezzer Pro. I had a 38 on my Ripmo and tried my buddies Mezzer. I ordered a Mezzer the next day and sold the 38. I put Mezzer Pros on both Offerings and am thrilled with them. Believe the hype.

Bonus points for the ability to change travel from 140-180mm without buying new air springs.

Posted: Mar 28, 2023 at 14:28 Quote
-1.5 angleset got the offering alot more comfortable on steep stuff. 160 fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014863
Mobile Version of Website