BIG rock gardends

PB Forum :: Downhill
BIG rock gardends
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
hey i was out doin some dh today and i started to get anoyed at rock gardens at first they are fun but then after say 50m's or so they get anoyin. The one i rode was about a 200m rock garden just never ending. does anyone else feel the same?

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 7:41 Quote
naaa i luv rock gardens, their good to practice gettin smoother onBig Grin

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
Dont go to Pitfichie or dunkeld mate....Wink

I love rock gardens though. I can understand if they are shockingly made, or have little flow and sap too much of your speed...but otherwise they are good, rough fun.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
i ride an ht but i hat rock gardens when they get long i try to clear them as much as possible by airing them

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
the one i was riding was natural and totely unsmooth and realy techy not fun =[ well it was a big rush so it was worth it

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
ahhhh that changes everthing

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
i hate the smooth slik ones cuz i slip alot cuz i cant afford new tires

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
i realy want to ride a natural rock garden with big rocks

the most natural one ive ridden is just small rocks and isnt realy hard, just feels like braking bumps and is pinch-puncture-ville as its pretty fast
the 'rock garden' at my local is about 20 foot long, with medium sized rocks that have been picked up and put there, and if you take the wierd line into it (i swear im the only person that actualy does it), there is a fairly smooth line through it Frown - but everytime i take the diferent line to make it more rough, i hit the biggest rock at the end, unsettle it and it rolls down the hill, haha

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
nishnash wrote:
i think you need some new tyres

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
fuzzdh wrote:
i realy want to ride a natural rock garden with big rocks

the most natural one ive ridden is just small rocks and isnt realy hard, just feels like braking bumps and is pinch-puncture-ville as its pretty fast
the 'rock garden' at my local is about 20 foot long, with medium sized rocks that have been picked up and put there, and if you take the wierd line into it (i swear im the only person that actualy does it), there is a fairly smooth line through it Frown - but everytime i take the diferent line to make it more rough, i hit the biggest rock at the end, unsettle it and it rolls down the hill, haha
i aint joking mate this one is 200m long and some of the rocks you HAVE TO GO OVER are coming up to the height axles on your wheels

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
There is a place where me and my riding buddy go sometimes, it's sorta natural, I'm not 100% sure...

It's beside some DJ's that got trashed when it rained really bad I guess, or they just sucked to begin with...

But yeah, you take this little tiny opening between some trees, and it's a medium-steep downhill decent of 1-3" rocks for about 200 feet, it's hellishly slippery, and very hard to ride, adding to it, it's got a few nearly hairpin bends in it, it's really scary the first time down.

Add to that, I rode down it on an old Raleigh with rigid forks and 1.95 tires.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
i dont tend to notice how slippy it is you just go for it keep your bike light and it fine it was a storm out to do and still went just as fast and in a dirt lid on my fully

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
jingo wrote:
i dont tend to notice how slippy it is you just go for it keep your bike light and it fine it was a storm out to do and still went just as fast and in a dirt lid on my fully

Riight.. till you turn your handlebars for the tight corner and you go straight.

It's a lot easier with my 2.6" tire in the front. Still easy to eat it though.

Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
jingo wrote:

Riight.. till you turn your handlebars for the tight corner and you go straight.

It's a lot easier with my 2.6" tire in the front. Still easy to eat it though.
trust me the stuff me and my mate ended up goin down to day was mental

just got keeep it light and pick a good line for corners

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
jingo wrote:
nishnash wrote:
i think you need some new tyres
ya i totally do my tires are crap, huge nobs for muh infront, and a thin tire for excelerationon dust and mud.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009420
Mobile Version of Website