Powered by Outside

The right cassette

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The right cassette
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 0:46 Quote
Just bought a new drive terrain for my do it all but more downhill bike, i think i may have bought the wrong size cassette for what i normally ride. I just got the Zee rear mech in wide ratio, the Sram pg1050 cassette in 12 - 36 teeth, saint cranks, a 34 teeth E Thirteen guide ring and the sram pg1031 chain. Will this be okay for downhill? or should i switch it out, this keeping in mind i ride some cross country on this too.
Thanks Callum

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 3:24 Quote
Seems like a good middle ground to me , might find you spin out a bit on really fast DH's but then again you should be able to get up most hills too.

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 3:26 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Seems like a good middle ground to me , might find you spin out a bit on really fast DH's but then again you should be able to get up most hills too.

Oh right cool, should be great for all mountain
Thanks Callum

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 at 10:57 Quote
If you dont like the gearing you can always go up a few teeth on the front ring or if you want you can use a shimano 105 5700 rear cassette in the close ratio plenty on ebay cheep.
If you want to make a custom cassette ie 36 to 11/12 tooth you can pick and mix any ring combo you like. Google sheldon brown and look at his cassette info. He is the bike build guru.
Merry xmas.

Posted: Dec 25, 2013 at 12:15 Quote
Thanks man merry Xmas to you too

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.196007
Mobile Version of Website