1x10: Wide Range Cassettes

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
1x10: Wide Range Cassettes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2014 at 21:24 Quote
Does anyone know of any brands other than recon and general lee who offer a wide range 10 speed cassette option?

Also if anyone actually has any experience with wide range 10 speed cassettes please share.

Lastly the recon cassette is made out of steel for the bottom cogs, titanium for the middle and aluminum for the upper cogs. What are your experiences with these different alloys used in cassettes?

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 9:10 Quote
xcguy wrote:
Does anyone know of any brands other than recon and general lee who offer a wide range 10 speed cassette option?

Also if anyone actually has any experience with wide range 10 speed cassettes please share.

Lastly the recon cassette is made out of steel for the bottom cogs, titanium for the middle and aluminum for the upper cogs. What are your experiences with these different alloys used in cassettes?
You must have missed this https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Oneup-Components-42-tooth-Cog-for-Ten-Speed-Cassettes-Reviewed-2-2014.html

I got a general Lee 40t add on for my 11-36 XT cassette, I was a slightly worried that my Zee FR mech might not handle it being short cage but its coped with the 40t cog with B-screw threads to spare. Shifting once set up is not noticeably different to how the Zee was on the stock 11-36 cassette, though I do find its the Zee mech is finickety to set up compared to medium or long cage shimano mechs. In use it puts my climbing cadence just where I wanted it and has resulted in me being quicker up some of my strava climb segments than I was slogging the 32x36 combo

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 at 23:11 Quote
I agree with the post above. I use a 42t general lee conversion with an XT long cage shaddow+ mech! limit screw is right in! Works a treat. Gives me more than enough range for any climb with a 34t front chain ring.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009115
Mobile Version of Website