DH First bike, suggestions please

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH First bike, suggestions please
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
Hey Trek, did you really undestand what is writen in that test??...hehe i didnt!!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
Take the Kona off the list you get a suspension design that is out dated and adds the complexity and weight of a floating brake. They also cheap out on bearings and the rear shock is lower end. I dont know the weight of the demo series but the A line is pretty heavy more for shuttle running at parks than racing. I love the handling of norcos but if you want a race bike look at the team dh. Of the three bikes on your list the demo probably suits best for a race bike. Can you get giant or iron horse? you get a better pedaling suspension and they both have good options at a couple of price points

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
the Giant is of the bank, but there is the Sunday Expert here that costs 3600€, is more then the Demo, and it comes with simple stuff, such as a 888RV, Rocco R, Juicy 3s. the rest of the parts are good, but a RV for racing....i dunno....hmmm, what do you guys think?

aaaaa, i just saw that the Sunday Team is 4300€, mouth-watering!!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
hey guys, by da way, ive just posted a great IronHorse video, go to my profile and check it out!!

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
Holy cow bikes are expensive where you live

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
not really, Iron Horse is the only company that ive seen that the price is higher then US and Canada, if check the rest, such as Spech, Norco, even Kona, they are all cheaper then US and Canada...well, were are buying in €uros, so maybe you are right...

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
what do you guys think of the Sunday Expert for racing...its kinda expensive for he parts it comes with, but hey, its a Sunday frame...

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 9:39 Quote
pperini wrote:
what do you guys think of the Sunday Expert for racing...its kinda expensive for he parts it comes with, but hey, its a Sunday frame...

Sunday frames are overall very good DH bikes.They will do the job fine.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
pperini wrote:
not really, Iron Horse is the only company that ive seen that the price is higher then US and Canada, if check the rest, such as Spech, Norco, even Kona, they are all cheaper then US and Canada...well, were are buying in €uros, so maybe you are right...

Dude I did the math for 3600. euros is about 5500. Canadian I could get an Intense for what you are going to pay for an Iron horse. Sucks but you do have better education and healthcare from what I know.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
2oldschool wrote:
pperini wrote:

Dude I did the math for 3600. euros is about 5500. Canadian I could get an Intense for what you are going to pay for an Iron horse. Sucks but you do have better education and healthcare from what I know.

yup the Euro is more expensive than the Dollar(USD and CAD).That's why for us Europeans is Amerika&Canada inexpensive to buy stuff than in Europe.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
yeah....so, is a 888RV ok for DH?..and Juicy 3s aswell?

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
hi, i own a norco team and it is the best made bike that i have owned so i would go for the norco a line Big Grin

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
pperini wrote:
yeah....so, is a 888RV ok for DH?..and Juicy 3s aswell?

I don't know off the 888RV is ok for DH(never ridin one),but i head been using juicy 3's for DH for the whole season and they are ok.1 thing that are a must for the 3's are changing the organic pads to Sinter metallic pads,Organic pads are well know off wearing out and aren't as grippy as the sinter pads in wet conditions etc.Never head problem with it and they feel nice.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
cool...yeah, i have a german magazine here testing the Norco Atomik, and they heve 3s, and they just saied, "well, its a 3, its simple, it will probably fade faster then bigger brakes, but it works!!"....great!....thanks a lot guys!!...really helped!...if anyone else know, or have experience with 888RVs, let me, let us know, thanks a lot, good trails for yall!!!

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
i think the rv just laks adjusments

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019172
Mobile Version of Website