Foot order when whipping

PB Forum :: Downhill
Foot order when whipping
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2014 at 8:46 Quote
Ok so I ride left foot forward and have been trying to learn to whip. I started by turning my bars to the right, swing the rear out to the left. That was going ok but then I saw some pictures and almost everyone turns there bars to the direction of the forward foot. Is there a correct way or is it a preference?

Posted: Jan 18, 2014 at 11:03 Quote
I misread the title for 'food order when whipping' and was expected tips on how to order a big mac while sideways... disapointed Big Grin

Posted: Jan 20, 2014 at 14:32 Quote
It's a lot more natural to whip out towards your back foot as your body will feel straighter in the air (ie your feet are more level in a forward plane and it's a natural way to turn as your body will be straightening itself out)
However, if mtb follows bmx, which it invariably does, front foot kickouts are more stylish and you can get a better whip out of it (but that's a personal opinion)

Have a watch of these. I think front foot whips look way better

http://mpora.com/videos/AAdk48w2ckiq

Posted: Jan 21, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
I whip with my front foot kicking out and wondered if there was a right or wrong.

FL
Posted: Jan 22, 2014 at 21:27 Quote
honestly I like to keep whatever foot that is comfortable forward, Go off the jump, keep your head straight, throw your shoulders and let your hips follow. reverse it to bring it back

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010719
Mobile Version of Website