Bike advice

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Bike advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 9:12 Quote
I went to Llandegla forest today, I havnt ridden a mountain bike for 5 years and have only ever ridden for fun, I completed the black run with relative ease and was able to hit and clear every jump & obstacle. I have now got the bug to want to carry on. I race motocross in the summer months but would like to take up mountain biking a bit more seriously as a training method as the skills transfer between the 2 sports more than I imagined.
I was just looking for a bit of advice now of what full sus DH/freeride bike to get, what will be reliable and a good starting point for me? I only want a 8-9 speed, My budget is between 800-1400
Many thanks in advance

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 9:25 Quote
So, for that price range, used is a good starting point, maybe looking on the BuySell section on Pinkbike here. Some good, cheap, starting bikes to look at would be the Specialized Status, Transition TR450, the Trek Session, Slash, or Ticket, Giant Glory. Those are good bikes, and would be a good starting point.

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 11:29 Quote
Thanks TNFking, that is in £s not $s sorry I think I may have posted in the wrong forum I'm new to this

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
NP. I know £ is higher than $, so you get more lee-way there.

Posted: Jan 19, 2014 at 12:26 Quote
If you keep on eye on sites having sales you can get brand new bikes from kona , specialized , nukeproof and others in sales for the upper end of your budget , or maybe slightly more , they won't be the fully tricked out models but still very good bikes with full warranties.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008364
Mobile Version of Website