2013 reign 2, or 11 bandit frame with secktir rl x fusion 02, and some other nice parts.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2013 reign 2, or 11 bandit frame with secktir rl x fusion 02, and some other nice parts.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2014 at 16:35 Quote
Looking at two bikes. Giant Reign 2, or transition Bandit 2011 frame with other parts. Both are used, both are offered for the same price.
Need some help deciding.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 17:06 Quote
Jaco-balovian wrote:
Looking at two bikes. Giant Reign 2, or transition Bandit 2011 frame with other parts. Both are used, both are offered for the same price.
Need some help deciding.

Is the reign 2 just a frame or the whole build?

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 17:38 Quote
Both are complete bikes. Reign is stock. Bandit is a custome build, with some nice stuff.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 18:03 Quote
Jaco-balovian wrote:
Both are complete bikes. Reign is stock. Bandit is a custome build, with some nice stuff.

Would be best if you shared the full build of the custom bandit. The giant reign is a great frame, but id say as far as technical features go the bandit is ahead. The revelation the giant comes with is a better fork than a sector, arguaably the same goes for the monarch vs the xfusion o2. The reign has an inch more of travel, but at the same rate the reign is a pretty squishy frame that runs quite a bit of sag if you dont put tons of psi in the shock or go for a stiffer coil shock. The stock build of the reign will need upgrades to make it feel like the bike it could be. The Bandit is a stiffer set up with a thru axle for the rear. It honestly depends on what you want out of the bike. The bandit is poppy and nimble, the giant is a little longer and maybe more stable.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 18:31 Quote
Thanks for that assessment. You hit all of the questions I had about the bikes. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go with the bandit.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 18:33 Quote
Jaco-balovian wrote:
Thanks for that assessment. You hit all of the questions I had about the bikes. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go with the bandit.

No problem brother dude!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009571
Mobile Version of Website