Discuss new BuySell Search Features

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Discuss new BuySell Search Features
O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 9:49 Quote
Yea it’s not ideal, but being crafty with keyboard or fast scrolling mouse makes it less terrible.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2023 at 15:43 Quote
Site issue - messages.
This is written from the perspective of a seller whom wants to see the BuySell modernized with features of an e-commerce marketplace platform

Issue:The newish listing link that links back to the listing from inbox messages is still having a bad attitude with consistent inconsistency of functionality.

Context: The majority of messages come through with "is it available or I want to buy this". After the buyer gets the "it's available" reply. They then don't remember the item price, location, or shipping amount (total price) and can't get back to the listing where shipping and payment information is noted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analysis / Breakdown

Buy Side
Mobile/ mobile desktop:
----- Customer Journey: seller profile --> Buysell Stuff --> death scroll 100+ items Jail . find price/ shipping amount. get back to message now knowing price/ shipping.
----- Alternative: I can send a simple link to my "seller history". However, that still leads to deathscroll and there is no search for individual items in "seller history"
Desktop:
----- Customer Journey: seller profile --> Buysell Stuff --> command f to search 100+ items Jailbreak

Sell Side:
Mobile: profile --> Buysell Stuff --> death scroll 100+ items Jail . Find item, copy link, switch to desktop mobile to get link button, copy paste link. send message. ***Mobile site does not have the link button within the messages. (refer to photo 3).

Overall
----- Search issue - "seller history": The search bar that is located in "Seller history" does a search of the entire buysell, not the individual items in seller history. For example, if a buyer is trying to find a "XT crankset" I have for sale. Using the search from "seller history" in this case returns 14 pages results from all categories. The ability to search for an item specifically from the individual seller would a nice to have. Often buyers seek to bundle multiple items from the same seller and save on shipping. (REF photo 4)

Message link issues
1) Desktop ( REF photo 1): messages from the same item and different users. The listing link doesn't show up in all messages.
2) Mobile desktop vs mobile site (REF photo 2): same message from same user. The listing link does not show up on the mobile site. However, it does on the mobile desktop site and desktop site.
3) Mobile site on mobile: The listing link does not show up at all. (ref photo 2)
4) Mobile site on mobile: the little banner with font/link/photo/ emojis isn't on the mobile site. (REF photo 3)
Recommendation
1) Messages: pls fix message "link to listing"
2) "seller history" search: Add default option to search specifically individual seller "seller history". Ideally "all" / both title and description (REF photo 5)

References
Photo 1
photo

Photo 2
photo

Photo 3
photo

Photo 4
photo

Photo 5
photo

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2023 at 20:28 Quote
Sorting by ascending price doesn't seem to work in at least this one case. I am using Microsoft Edge. I go to enduro bikes. Search for SB150. Then sort by increasing price. I get the Boosted ads in ascending order. After that I get a set of bikes from $3500 to $7500. Then I get another set of bikes from $2100 and increasing from there. Is this a known bug?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2023 at 12:27 Quote
EVENTS
Could the events section from Trailforks be integrated with PB (separate from the events tab in the "originals" tab)?

Lets say in the community tab and in the BuySell (ticketed). It would be convenient to find all events from the outside ecosystem all in one place.

ex...
A) Movie premiers
B) Local races/ competitions
C) Shop rides
D) Fundraisers
E) Trail building
etc

https://warrenmiller.com/events

Posted: Aug 15, 2023 at 15:03 Quote
jwon1 wrote:
Sorting by ascending price doesn't seem to work in at least this one case. I am using Microsoft Edge. I go to enduro bikes. Search for SB150. Then sort by increasing price. I get the Boosted ads in ascending order. After that I get a set of bikes from $3500 to $7500. Then I get another set of bikes from $2100 and increasing from there. Is this a known bug?

Thanks
I have been experiencing this too.

I’ve since dropped all support of pb/outside. good luck

Mod
Posted: Aug 16, 2023 at 11:17 Quote
jwon1 wrote:

Thanks

thanks, will investigate

Mod
Posted: Aug 16, 2023 at 15:13 Quote
Happening here on chrome too

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2023 at 12:54 Quote
So, I need a URL for an item that was for sale sale from a scammer in the buy sell trade area that was taken down so I can get my $$ back out of PayPal. About 24hrs after the funds were sent the guy's profile was taken down and my conversation with them was bannered with "known scammer" warnings. What can be done here? Thanks.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2023 at 13:15 Quote
blessedguy

Item Santacruz Chameleon 2020

Mod
Posted: Aug 19, 2023 at 13:21 Quote
https://web.archive.org/web/20230819201845/https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3698014/
only way to do it without unbanning user

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2023 at 13:32 Quote
Thanks for your help. Apologies for using the wrong thread.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2023 at 5:15 Quote
Some general compatibility filters for the frame categories

Head tube
1-1/8” to 1.5” tapered
1-1/8 Straight
1.5” Straight
1” Straight

Axle Spacing - C/P hub filters
10 x 130 QR
10 x 135 QR
10 x 141 QR
10 x170 QR
12 x 135 TA
12 x 142 TA
12 x 148 TA
12 x 150 TA
12 x 157 TA
12 x 177 TA
Other / Unspecified

Shock Type
Coil
Air
No Shock

Part type
Frame
Front or rear triangle
Link
Hardware (pivot bolts etc)

Model Year - all products categories
back to 1990?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019494
Mobile Version of Website