Seattle riders

PB Forum :: USA - West
Seattle riders
Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
Hey all - new to Seattle and looking to get out and ride a bit. MTB project for sure shows a bunch of trails within an hour or so, but how quickly do they dry out? Is it something that you can ride in the rain? Few hours after? Week later? Sorry, I'm coming from AZ so I have no clue how rain interacts with the dirt up here!

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 17:12 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:
Hey all - new to Seattle and looking to get out and ride a bit. MTB project for sure shows a bunch of trails within an hour or so, but how quickly do they dry out? Is it something that you can ride in the rain? Few hours after? Week later? Sorry, I'm coming from AZ so I have no clue how rain interacts with the dirt up here!

Hey Ndirienzo, Welcome to Seattle. Trails dry out rather quickly here (often the same day depending on the exposer). Our dirt is great in the wet and riding in the rain here is not frowned upon (not yet anyways). Take a look at Tiger, Raging River (ex27), or Tokul for some great riding close to the city. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 8:01 Quote
funkyfunpuff wrote:
ndirienzo wrote:

Hey Ndirienzo, Welcome to Seattle. Trails dry out rather quickly here (often the same day depending on the exposer). Our dirt is great in the wet and riding in the rain here is not frowned upon (not yet anyways). Take a look at Tiger, Raging River (ex27), or Tokul for some great riding close to the city. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

Thanks for the input. I think I'll check out Tiger for a quick ride this weekend, even if it does rain a bit!

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
funkyfunpuff wrote:
ndirienzo wrote:

Had a rad time out at Tiger last Sunday. Hit Predator and then some of the more chill flowy stuff. All was a total blast! For sure very different that desert riding as you have traction in the exact opposite spots... rock and roots are grippy in AZ, but obviously far from that here! It was nice to have some more flowy/poppy stuff as well as smoother but longer climbs. Everything is super punchy in AZ.

So, should I check out something new this weekend or is Tiger where it's at?

Quick pic from the other day. Crazy how green things are!

photo

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:
funkyfunpuff wrote:
ndirienzo wrote:

Had a rad time out at Tiger last Sunday. Hit Predator and then some of the more chill flowy stuff. All was a total blast! For sure very different that desert riding as you have traction in the exact opposite spots... rock and roots are grippy in AZ, but obviously far from that here! It was nice to have some more flowy/poppy stuff as well as smoother but longer climbs. Everything is super punchy in AZ.

Glad you got out to Tiger and great hearing you enjoyed it (the moss is really cool hu). If you head out to Exit 27 (off 90) you can hit some other really fun trails. It's part of the raging river network - link below. The trail Poppin Tops seems to be the most popular right now, it's a fun fast flowy jump trail. If you are up for a big day, you can lap Poppin Tops, or keep on climbing and do the Raging Lollipop. You should get a good mix of dirt (moist and dry).

If you feel like making the trek back to Tiger and want something different. My goto runs are to connect: East Tiger Summit, Off the Grid, Joy Ride, and NW Timber. If you are feeling like ya have more in the tank, add-on The Legend (which is accessed off of NW Timber).

https://www.trailforks.com/region/raging-river-state-forest/?lat=47.483180&lon=-121.822992&z=13&m=trailforks

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
Hello all! Heading down from the Bellingham area to spend a couple days riding Tiger and Raging River and looking for camping recommendations near North Bend. I'll be with my wife and dog and would prefer campgrounds with established sites rather than dispersed camping. River/creek access for the pup would be ideal. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 21:06 Quote
I’m driving up to Bellingham from San Francisco to ride Galbraith solo Saturday and Sunday.

If you’re feel sociable and want to show a moderately competent visitor around, I’d love the company!

Posted: Jun 20, 2018 at 10:00 Quote
loamlover wrote:
Hello all! Heading down from the Bellingham area to spend a couple days riding Tiger and Raging River and looking for camping recommendations near North Bend. I'll be with my wife and dog and would prefer campgrounds with established sites rather than dispersed camping. River/creek access for the pup would be ideal. Thanks!

I'd recommend Iron Horse State Park, not far from Tiger / Raging & 27 / Olallie . Nice lake nearby and you can ride from campsite to Olallie. Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 10:36 Quote
boxxerace wrote:
loamlover wrote:

I'd recommend Iron Horse State Park, not far from Tiger / Raging & 27 / Olallie . Nice lake nearby and you can ride from campsite to Olallie. Smile

Thank you!

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
boxxerace wrote:
loamlover wrote:

I'm pretty sure that there's no camping at Iron Horse SP.

There's a campground in Fall City next to the river and at the county park in Carnation, also next to the river.

Posted: Jun 28, 2018 at 19:58 Quote
OK, dumb question - how do you all keep your gear from not smelling terrible. I ride both days on the weekend, and then commute 20 miles a day. Thus, my gear never gets dry and is starting to smell absolutely terrible... my helmet especially. Like, do people use a desiccator of some sort?

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 0:29 Quote
NWBasser wrote:
boxxerace wrote:
loamlover wrote:

I'm pretty sure that there's no camping at Iron Horse SP.

There's a campground in Fall City next to the river and at the county park in Carnation, also next to the river.
Whaddya mean? Is that a new/temporary thing? That doesn't make sense... I've been there multiple times, ridden the trail (parts of Razz ), camped there at the sites, and can attest to the camping, beauty, and everything else... Iron Horse would be my pick

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 0:33 Quote
ndirienzo wrote:

photo
Whoa! So you're the guy who won that custom Wreckoning in that fundraiser raffle a while back? Drool

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
ndirienzo wrote:

photo
Whoa! So you're the guy who won that custom Wreckoning in that fundraiser raffle a while back? Drool

Yep, been doing my best to ride the crap out of it ever since!

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 16:37 Quote
Beautiful bike! I have an orange/black Wreckoning and love it. Was a bit worried about it's ability to climb, but I've done Raging and Olallie multiple times with it and it's done great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015569
Mobile Version of Website