i think 4x should be a olympic sport do you agree?

PB Forum :: Downhill
i think 4x should be a olympic sport do you agree?
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 6:34 Quote
4X should be in the olympics, its a pretty competitive discipline and i think would be great

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
Ozchuck wrote:
DH isn't an olympic level sport, it does not have the consistency of track, and bike set up is too important.
This is why you dont see the F1 or gokarting or fishing/hunting being an olympic sport.

4X isn't going to be necessary as anyone who loves 4X will probably watch the BMX anyway, and a lot of the BMX athletes quit 4X training to focus on BMX.
Its easy to see why it shouldn't, and yet the people who do want can only bring up '€cos i wanna watch it' as a reason.

i gotta agree with this guy , many 4xer's are bmx cross overs (not a bad thing) and that dh cannot be included because for a time based sport it has far too many variables Frown i still think one day dh and 4x will become big time and that mtb will become a largely popular sport (already is ) and i think goverments will also recognise mtb as a big sport unfortunately Frown not an olympic sport but hey .... there are tons of other great sports that ain't in the olympics like motocross and skateboarding e.t.c , the future is bright

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 15:21 Quote
Maybe the olympic BMX track can be modified to double as a 4X track. doubtful, but the potential is there.
Have BMX in the first days of the olympics, and then do the 4X at the end.

But this isnt even anywhere near close to considering.
won't be until you can go to a 4X track on a weekday and see stacks of guys there practicing.
I feel BMX and MTB racing are losing out to the 'freestyle' versions of their sport, i.e.: park, DJ etc.

It would make a good X games sport though, as its fun to watch for sure.
They used to do street luge races, so its not all about tricks like someone suggested earlier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029689
Mobile Version of Website