M9 carbon in the works?

PB Forum :: Intense
M9 carbon in the works?
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2015 at 10:15 Quote
Yea when I bought my m9 used the guy actually got a new rear end at the time which is why mine has the newer rear. Honestly man, I have owned 4 expert dorados. The only difference is less weight in the pro model due to more machining, but same intervals. I would go for an expert since the price point is good. I know many guys who also use a 26 inch dorado with 650b wheels, which you can find used pretty easily. My bikes have the newer dedicated 650b dorado as I'm picky about the angle on the fork. I would consider getting a new m16, but I want to get one when it comes in their flo Orange.

Coot

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 13:03 Quote
coot83 wrote:
Yea when I bought my m9 used the guy actually got a new rear end at the time which is why mine has the newer rear. Honestly man, I have owned 4 expert dorados. The only difference is less weight in the pro model due to more machining, but same intervals. I would go for an expert since the price point is good. I know many guys who also use a 26 inch dorado with 650b wheels, which you can find used pretty easily. My bikes have the newer dedicated 650b dorado as I'm picky about the angle on the fork. I would consider getting a new m16, but I want to get one when it comes in their flo Orange.

Coot

Yeah... I want an Expert Dorado because the price, but these suspensions (Dorados in general) are extremely rare here (Brazil) and i have an Dorado Pro 2015 with a good price.

For Dorados for 26 inch, still can run with 203 mm of travel with 650b wheels too?

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 6:14 Quote
Yeah... I want an Expert Dorado because the price, but these suspensions (Dorados in general) are extremely rare here (Brazil) and i have an Dorado Pro 2015 with a good price.

For Dorados for 26 inch, still can run with 203 mm of travel with 650b wheels too?[/Quote]

Yea if the price is good then you are straight. I have a friend on here with his own shop that sells to foreign countries a lot and he is who I get my dorados from in case you are interested in an expert, feel free to PM me if you want his info.

I havnt seen anyone have issue with having to adjust their travel with the wheels, if anything they just shift the crowns on the dorado up a little bit since you can loosen them and then adjust for height.

Coot

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 11:59 Quote
hey. Im actually also considering the switch to 650b. What other changes did you guys make to your m9 to fit the bigger wheels? I I bought mine used. A 2013 medium frame with marzocchi 380. Is it a plug and play set up? Or did you guys set the drop out to its longest setting? A saw from another thread they installed off set bushings but did not give details. thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
madamella wrote:
hey. Im actually also considering the switch to 650b. What other changes did you guys make to your m9 to fit the bigger wheels? I I bought mine used. A 2013 medium frame with marzocchi 380. Is it a plug and play set up? Or did you guys set the drop out to its longest setting? A saw from another thread they installed off set bushings but did not give details. thanks in advance!

Cheers!

I just set my dropouts to the longest setting. You may want to try that out first before committing to off set bushings. My fork is also a dedicated 650b Dorado, not the 26.

Coot

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 at 2:58 Quote
coot83 wrote:
madamella wrote:

Cheers!

I just set my dropouts to the longest setting. You may want to try that out first before committing to off set bushings. My fork is also a dedicated 650b Dorado, not the 26.

Coot

thanks bro, how about when you bottom out? the tires dont hit the frame? also have you tried the dropouts in the middle slot? thanks bro!

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 4:26 Quote
I tried to have them in the middle setting for about 5 seconds as the clearance seemed to be too close. When put in the farthest setting the tire clearance looks very similar to what it would be with 26 in the middle setting. I have gone off a road gap and numerous drops without any issue. If anything, my tire will hit my seat before it hits the frame. Hope that helps ya out.

Coot

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 5:47 Quote
coot83 wrote:
I tried to have them in the middle setting for about 5 seconds as the clearance seemed to be too close. When put in the farthest setting the tire clearance looks very similar to what it would be with 26 in the middle setting. I have gone off a road gap and numerous drops without any issue. If anything, my tire will hit my seat before it hits the frame. Hope that helps ya out.

Coot

Thanks a lot coot! Now I'm definitely decided to give it I go. I'll post pics when all is set.

Cheers!

Posted: Sep 21, 2015 at 6:11 Quote
Sounds rad man, looking forward to the pics!

Coot

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017146
Mobile Version of Website