Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 380 adjuster problem

PB Forum :: Downhill
Marzocchi 380 adjuster problem
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 20, 2014 at 12:16 Quote
I just got the new Marz 380 fork and seem to have a problem already, hoping someone else has had this and there is an easy fix...

It seems that the high speed adjustment is completely jammed (all other adjustment is ok). Both the rebound and compression. When trying to adjust by hand there is just no give at all. I tried with a spanner but didn't want to force it...

Has anyone else had this at all?

Posted: May 20, 2014 at 12:40 Quote
wait for more answers on this before trying to force it, because I can only speak for a much older marzocchi fork

my rebound adjuster was stuck so windwave suggested I try to work out if its jammed in MIN or MAX position, then force it the opposite way.. it just clicked out and now its fine

but yeh, hopefully someone can speak for your model specifically
so jealous, I'd love a 380 - good luck Big Grin

Posted: May 21, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
My rebound adjuster was the same. Unscrew the grub screw that holds the adjuster on and remove the knobs, then use a small spanner on the nut beneath to free it up.

When you put the adjuster knobs back on, make sure you use some thread lock on the grub screw, otherwise it'll work loose.

The compression knobs were a little stiff but not jammed.

tup

O+
Posted: May 22, 2014 at 4:24 Quote
Thanks both.

I worked out which way it was on then forced it with a spanner. Made a real big twang when it finally gave.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 21, 2014 at 12:04 Quote
Hi guys.

I am in a similar boat and wonder if any of you have any further advice.
My H & L compression is fine but my rebound knobs are stuck solid. I have taken the outer knobs off and used a socket on it and just got it to move, but when I reassemble it i cant really adjust it with fingers and the smaller Low speed rebound is still stuck solid and there is not really any way to get a grip on it as the interface is just with a grub screw.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Posted: Jun 27, 2014 at 18:24 Quote
Anyone else having trouble using all of their travel?

Posted: Apr 8, 2015 at 9:16 Quote
ok so ive just bought some marzocchi dirt jumper 1's and now im having the same problem, the little red knob just wont move and im scared to force it cause its under warranty and i dont know what position is in . can someone give me advice before i send them back?

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
I've got the same problem with the rebound dials on my 380.
I contacted windwave and they said "It'll loosen overtime a little." I'll just assume they fobbed me off because everyone is having issues with these.

Apparently, they used too much threadlocker at the factory and needs some gentle persuasion with the adjuster nut back and forth.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
some how i sent mine to windwave through winstanleys and they've manage to fix themselves kind of. i had to get 4mm socket and tap it slightly and now it moves but i still dont know if the rebound is actually working though

Posted: Feb 6, 2024 at 7:11 Quote
So I have a 380 marzocchi dh fork and my rebound adjuster can only be moved with plyers. I cannot find any holder screw on the adjuster to get it off just wondering if anybody has this issue and has any advice.

FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 9:45 Quote
I have a Marz 350. Not sure if it's the same as your 380 but the rebound adjustment knob on the 350 just slides into the foot nut. It's not screwed in or anything. You just need to use some force to pull it out. Might have a look at your 380 and see if it's the same. Hope that helps.

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 11:48 Quote
Search up Marzocchii Mark on Google- he is the man for older Marz.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013233
Mobile Version of Website