Powered by Outside

Clip ons?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Clip ons?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 21, 2014 at 15:39 Quote
Thinking about riding clip ons but not sure if it's a good idea. (I ride downhill aswell) Thoughts?

Posted: May 21, 2014 at 17:57 Quote
Gnarlyshredder wrote:
Thinking about riding clip ons but not sure if it's a good idea. (I ride downhill aswell) Thoughts?

If you think it's a bad idea now, don't even bother. You need to ride them with confidence. Weather they're better or not depends on the rider.

If you really want to try them, then try them.

Posted: May 21, 2014 at 22:23 Quote
Totally agree with you man!! it all comes down to confidance with clip ons.. theres alot than can go wrong if your not 100% with them dude.

Posted: May 22, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
Just try them out. First couple rides are sketchy... but once u adjust where the cleat is under shoe makes a world of difference in stability.

Makes pumping and maneuverability better FOR ME.

Posted: May 23, 2014 at 7:13 Quote
goldhecklerswag wrote:
Just try them out. First couple rides are sketchy... but once u adjust where the cleat is under shoe makes a world of difference in stability.

Makes pumping and maneuverability better FOR ME.

Riding clips becomes a habit and then it's super easy and natural. I personally race with clips (I am faster, and enjoy the additional manoeuvrability I get out of my feet) but I also find it important to get back to the roots of riding flats occasionally as a lot of my riding also happens on flats (on the dirt jumps) and being able to ride both creates a good balance for my riding and doesn't get my relying on certain bad habits.

FYI, I ride with the CrankBrothers Mallet DH and the 5050 3 pedals.

Posted: May 23, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
If u whip learn to whip with flats first so u dont make bad habit whipping with clipps

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.590971
Mobile Version of Website