Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta SX builds - thoughts and opinions?
Posted: Jul 22, 2016 at 8:52 Quote
"You can definitely run a piggyback shock (that’s what it comes with), but you might run into issues trying to run a coil shock."

Asked the same question the other day and got this response from Commencal USA

Posted: Jul 22, 2016 at 13:11 Quote
Depends on which year it is as the 2015 had q different chainstay which allowed piggyback shocks while 2014 and earlier didn't allow you to run them.

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 5:34 Quote
Has anyone reglued the plastic frame guards back on to their frames and what did you use?

Was thinking tiger seal seen as though its not gonna be coming back off again

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
Shieldsy94 wrote:
Has anyone reglued the plastic frame guards back on to their frames and what did you use?

I used gorilla glue on an old Meta AM frame. The glue was really strong and the chain protectors never came off again, but it was quite messy and a nightmare to get all the excess glue off once it'd dried.

Posted: Jul 29, 2016 at 10:04 Quote
olliechambers1 wrote:
Shieldsy94 wrote:

I used gorilla glue on an old Meta AM frame. The glue was really strong and the chain protectors never came off again, but it was quite messy and a nightmare to get all the excess glue off once it'd dried.

That'll do. As long as it stays on, i'm not that bothered

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 0:42 Quote
I made use of some cable ties

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 7:56 Quote
Do you guys think a vorsprung corset will fit my 2013 sx? On their website they say it wont fit some frames because of the larger diameter. However I dont think it will be a problem.

Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 7:47 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Do you guys think a vorsprung corset will fit my 2013 sx? On their website they say it wont fit some frames because of the larger diameter. However I dont think it will be a problem.

It won't fit. The Corset is roughly the same diameter as a Debonair and none of those will fit a frame unless the "fix" has been applied to the piggyback compatible chainstays (look back in this thread for more details).

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 4:21 Quote
surely this should fit
http://www.mojostore.co.uk/sleeve-assy-2016-float-x-evol-lv-k-7875x20-225-3948-tlg-c2x18512976

the corset I can kinda understand as it is a different shape. However the Fox Evol can is basically the same size just a small little longer.

Posted: Aug 5, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
My linkages seem to be creaking, so I was planning on removing the bolts to clean and regrease. Do you guys use loctite on the threads in addition to the greased bolt axles? Also, what torque spec should the rear shock bolts be?

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 23:11 Quote
richspeeds wrote:
My linkages seem to be creaking, so I was planning on removing the bolts to clean and regrease. Do you guys use loctite on the threads in addition to the greased bolt axles? Also, what torque spec should the rear shock bolts be?

i just tighten them til they are hand tight with an allen key.

no locktite either

Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 23:11 Quote
so, if you were to change your Meta SX for a new bike.....what would it be and why?!

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 2:37 Quote
miniator wrote:
so, if you were to change your Meta SX for a new bike.....what would it be and why?!

Most probably META AM V4. The sole reason would be wheel size. I still ride 26" but the new wider rims etc. seem to be 27.5 only and sooner or later I`ll need to adapt I guess... I`m still torn whether to sell it in near future while it still has some value or simply ride it until "the end".

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 4:01 Quote
For me it would be a nukeproof mega, longer, and no issues with a piggy back damper..

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 4:17 Quote
possible toss up between a V4 or a Trance. Only reason I could see to change would be lack of good quality 26" tyre choice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016287
Mobile Version of Website