Powered by Outside

Trek session 8

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek session 8
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2014 at 1:29 Quote
Hi all I've just bought a session 8 how can I tell if it's a 2011 and 2012 I bought it as a 2011 but it looks like a 2012 frame,
Also what bits can I buy to improve it ? It's my first downhill bike

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 2:44 Quote
M-robson wrote:
Hi all I've just bought a session 8 how can I tell if it's a 2011 and 2012 I bought it as a 2011 but it looks like a 2012 frame,

When it looks like 2012 frame, then it will be probably one...
Post a picture of it....
Trek has also an online archive of their bikes...

2011: http://www.trekbikes.com/de/de/bikes/2011/archive/trek/session8/#/de/de/archive-model/details?url=de/de/bikes/2011/archive/trek/session8

2012: http://www.trekbikes.com/de/de/bikes/2012/archive/trek/session_8/#/de/de/archive-model/details?url=de/de/bikes/2012/archive/trek/session_8

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 5:50 Quote
shred-maxi wrote:
M-robson wrote:

When it looks like 2012 frame, then it will be probably one...
Post a picture of it....
Trek has also an online archive of their bikes...

2011: http://www.trekbikes.com/de/de/bikes/2011/archive/trek/session8/#/de/de/archive-model/details?url=de/de/bikes/2011/archive/trek/session8

2012: http://www.trekbikes.com/de/de/bikes/2012/archive/trek/session_8/#/de/de/archive-model/details?url=de/de/bikes/2012/archive/trek/session_8

Cheers for that I've looked and it's deffo a 2012 it is a 10 speed ANC also has the 2012 frame

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 5:51 Quote
M-robson wrote:

Post a pic and we can let you know.

And for parts to upgrade, depends if the parts on it are still stock, so maybe a parts list would be good. What to upgrade will also depend on how much you are willing to spend on upgrades?

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 6:07 Quote
[Quote="Tobi9711"]
M-robson wrote:

Post a pic and we can let you know.

And for parts to upgrade, depends if the parts on it are still stock, so maybe a parts list would be good. What to upgrade will also depend on how much you are willing to spend on upgrades?

photo

It has mavic 325 wheels on it
And a few other bits but don't know if it's standard

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 6:20 Quote
A starting place could be with on of the suspension components, shock or fork, as it looks to be a Boxxer RC on the front and a VAN RC on the back, this could help you with better performance and tracking. Also you could have a look at brakes as it looks to be running Elixir 5's I think.

Obviously other parts will help save weight and few other slight things, but these would be the most noticeable for you in the beginning IMO. Just my 2 cents

And good call going for a Trek. Wink

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 6:26 Quote
Tobi9711 wrote:
A starting place could be with on of the suspension components, shock or fork, as it looks to be a Boxxer RC on the front and a VAN RC on the back, this could help you with better performance and tracking. Also you could have a look at brakes as it looks to be running Elixir 5's I think.

Obviously other parts will help save weight and few other slight things, but these would be the most noticeable for you in the beginning IMO. Just my 2 cents

So are you saying to change this suspension or saying it's good ? I've been looking at a few things already such as saint hubs, cranks and brakes also transition wheels in red and fox 40s forks but I will wait till I know I'm going to enjoy it first

Btw is it a 2012 ?

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 6:27 Quote
M-robson wrote:
Tobi9711 wrote:

So are you saying to change this suspension or saying it's good ? I've been looking at a few things already such as saint hubs, cranks and brakes also transition wheels in red and fox 40s forks but I will wait till I know I'm going to enjoy it first

Im saying changing the suspension will probably be the place where you'll notice the biggest difference at this moment.

And yes, its a 2012 Session 8

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 6:29 Quote
Which 40's have you been looking at? (Year and model)

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 16:17 Quote
Tobi9711 wrote:
Which 40's have you been looking at? (Year and model)
Erm like 2012 onwards mate

Posted: May 28, 2014 at 13:54 Quote
Learn to ride it first son

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010369
Mobile Version of Website