2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 21:04 Quote
roof-gdsn wrote:
Nope, not enough clearance for 29" rear wheels

But, 29" front with single crown fork (55 offset) is perfect...

photo

photo

This comes at a very interesting time. I just came into a Large 2018 glory frame. I owned a 2015 glory for a season, I got a medium at 6'0 (I come from a freeride background, liked smaller bikes). I loved the bike, mega fast, but I hated the dual crown. I just feel single crowns are more maneuverable, and I'm not racing, much more freeride. My favorite bike of all time was my 2011 Faith 0, so when I saw the glory frame I immediately thought Faith Throwback build. Just moved to the east coast and will do a lot of Highland and Thunder Mountain, so it makes some sense (I'm looking at Fort Hill trail at Thunder Mountain).

I've got a 180mm Zeb 27.5 in my crosshairs, heard 190 is taller a2c than a 200mm boxxer, and I'm not riding rampage, and they're not available yet. I was toying with the idea of going mullet, but wasn't sure what travel to run? Would running a 180mm 29er be too tall? Seeing that I'm more freeride I don't want the bike to be too slack. What travel is the Manitou on your bike? Do you know an approx head angle?

I was planning on rawing the frame as well lol. I was going to hopefully post a similar bike to yours in a month or two. Kinda mad you beat me to it, but goddammit if that ain't a gorgeous bike. It's only got me more stoked. Beautiful build!

Just noticed it's single speed as well... I've got my Alfine, Saint, and XO tensioners ready. Need to see what the build calls for Smile

Old glory because pictures after so many words:

photo

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 4:33 Quote
Giant glory boxxer wc flow raceface

Love a raw glory, heres mine from 2017!

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
Thanks guys for the replys Smile
Hey any idea who made the oem factory hubs for the glory? i need a set of wheels built or sourced and if i can start
with a decent set of hubs that would be great Smile
thanks

Pat

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Downhillpat wrote:
Hey any idea who made the oem factory hubs for the glory? i need a set of wheels built or sourced and if i can start
thanks

Pat
pretty sure most giant hubs are DT swiss replicas, that’s where I would start

Posted: Nov 28, 2021 at 21:48 Quote
brownstone wrote:
Downhillpat wrote:
thanks

Pat
not replica... They are DT Swiss

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 9:38 Quote
makripper wrote:
brownstone wrote:
Downhillpat wrote:
thanks

Pat
not replica... They are DT Swiss

Re-branded would be correct then

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
Changing my Glory size S into mullet setup
using Yari travel 170 from my Slash, is it necessary to add angle set ? because i think its too slack
photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2022 at 20:48 Quote
Anyone know the shock size for a 2017 glory ?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 0:10 Quote
Acid11 wrote:

Thanks

240x76 which is 9.5x3.00

You will need a 15mm open eyelet at the end of the shock

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
Thanks, will it be the same for 2018 Glory?

Lorieng wrote:
Acid11 wrote:

Thanks

240x76 which is 9.5x3.00

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 14:24 Quote
Acid11 wrote:
Thanks, will it be the same for 2018 Glory?

Lorieng wrote:
Acid11 wrote:

Thanks

240x76 which is 9.5x3.00

Yessir. All 2015+ glories are 9.5x3.00

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2022 at 6:31 Quote
@da-moose I'll see you out at Highland and Thunder this coming season. Just picked up a 2017 Glory (bit of a project bike) for the park, should be fun times.

Not on Fort Hill though. That's beyond my skills.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
Does anyone know the Headset size for the 2018 Glory?

Thanks in Advance

Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 17:36 Quote
Hey Kd7000 if you see me out there say hi and we can catch some laps together! Fort hill is my end of season goal, there’s lots of warming up I still need to do haha.

Acid11 - I believe it’s an overdrive 2 headset. I don’t know the technical specs for that, but if you google overdrive 2 headset it should clear it up pretty quick.

I finally ‘finished’ my glory! There’s still a few things to do (new damper/desticker the fork, wanna get longer brake cables and route through the head tube, etc) but it’s rideable now! I bought the frame/shock/brakes from a kind user on here, started stripping the paint, but got tired so it’s not perfect. I wanted to paint the links (the raw/black is real cool but I’ve seen a few in my area) so I tried to color match the chromag bars. However, I grew tired of looking for the right paint and settled. I got lucky it matches the pedals though. I bought the fork the day they were announced, would have preferred a Zeb but was tight on funds. A new damper later should take care of that. Everything else is spare parts/bartered for really. I cobbled together two broken wheels from my shop to make a functional rear wheel (and carbon!), I had the X0 derailleur from a previous build (SRAM gifted it to me). The front wheel was given to me by a coworker who has ‘borrowed’ many a spare part from me, he included the front tire and I can’t be bothered to change it. Bars/pedals are from one of my dirt jumpers, cranks are old truvativ ruktions I took to a wire wheel. Post and chainring are old customers take off parts. Chain I found in one of my parts bags. I’m really stoked on how it turned out. It’s a real shitshow of a build, buts it’s my shitshow and I can’t wait to hit the parks.

Highlights include a super ghetto shimmed 148 rear hub, singlespeed with adjustable tensioner and guide plates, and a dtswiss 54t ratchet in the rear hub. A real mechanics build. I’m not claiming this bike is safe or a good idea. It’s obviously ghetto as hell but I understand and accept the risks I’m taking by building/riding this. If you have questions about my build feel free to ask, but please don’t point out or question how janky some aspects are. I’m VERY well aware lol.

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051585
Mobile Version of Website