YT Capra Owners

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
jacksonrj wrote:
ChrisTunn wrote:

Thought I recognised that table in your display picture, Hammers represent! Hitting it with my Capra for the first time next weekend.

Correct. Hammers is good, but requires local knowledge, or a good sense of direction, of which I have none Smile

Yeah it's a huge place, some of the unofficial stuff is really nice

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 13:11 Quote
ScottyM45 wrote:
timmyr wrote:
Hi guys,

Anyy tips for removing and then securing back the rear shock from my YT Capra Al 1? I'm really struggling to get the rear bolt back through now that I've removed the bloody thing! It looks lined up but the bolt just won't go through.

I actually removed it in order to tighten the two bolts either side on the inside of my seatstay with an allen key as somebody told me that you need to check these from working loose. I now realise that I can't do this either as there isn't enough space to get my tool in there to tighten, presume the whole seatstay needs to be removed to access?

Advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Tim

If you are not bothered about having the correct torque then remove the shock and rear wheel, compress the suspension, this should give you enough room to fit an short L-shaped torx in to tighten up.

Also the shock bolts are sometimes a pain in the ass to go back in, just take your time, wriggle it around, it will eventually catch and go through

Patience!
I have been known to give the bolt a VERY slight tap with a small ball-peen hammer, just enough to get the bolt through the shock eye.

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
[Quote="jacksonrj"]I've had major sizing difficulties with the Capra since I got it. It's been OK going down hill but I can't seem to ride it on the flat or uphill without it physically draining me after an hours riding.

I made a final throw of the dice change after a recommendation on here which seems to have done the trick. I moved the spacer they had put above the stem below, and I replaced the 30mm rise Renthals with some 50mm rise Spanks. After a 20 mile, 2500ft, 3 hour ride yesterday I felt fine. Initially I though it was my knee/seat positioning that was wrong but it turns out to have been the height on the front end.

Ideally I would have liked some black carbon 50mm risers but the red alloy Spanks were the only ones I could find without blowing a fortune, and it makes them my 3rd set of bars in 6 months Smile

Ive been toying with that idea too but haven't tried it. I moved my saddle forward and it helped a bit. Gonna try moving the spacer now.

How tall are you and what size are you on?

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 14:28 Quote
brotherluke wrote:

How tall are you and what size are you on?

5'6" on a small

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 2:01 Quote
stueyk wrote:
Anyone know what this is about? They want me to pay for a service to check for a problem they wont tell me about! BOS really aren't doing themselves any favors!

YT Industries – Service Note BOS Deville

Dear YT customer,

You recently chose a YT bike with BOS suspension. We have been informed by BOS that all BOS Deville forks, which were purchased after January 1, 2014 must be brought to an authorized service partner for the mandatory annual service. Please find an excerpt from the letter that we have received from BOS below:

„After numerous tests on DEVILLE forks it appears, that in very rare situations, a malfunction may result in a breakdown. This malfunction is limited to only DEVILLE forks purchased on or after January 1st, 2014 which have not received a required annual service. […] In order to remove the risk of damage, BOS is kindly asking you to please notify your customers who purchased a bike equipped with a DEVILLE delivered on or after January 1st, 2014 that a control visit is necessary. If the required annual service has already been performed, this control is not necessary.”

Unfortunately, BOS has not given us any information about previous tests and the possible malfunctions. We neither have any insight nor any influence on the issue with the DEVILLE forks. It is therefore very important that you remove the fork and send it to an authorized service-center to test its proper functionality and reliability during the mandatory annual service. In case the annual service for 2016 has already been carried out, an additional service will not be necessary. Additionally, we strongly advise forks that have already been equipped in our bikes since 2012 and have not yet been at an authorized service-center, to be sent to the appropriate partner.

In case you have sold your bike or the fork in the meantime, we would kindly ask you to forward the contact details of the new owner to us. We would like to inform him/her accordingly about the necessary measures.

You can find a list of authorized service centers attached. Please note that you will be billed for the service by the respective center.

We want you to enjoy your bike as long as possible and ask you to definitely follow the recommendation of BOS accordingly. If you have any further questions please email us at servicenote@yt-industries.com.

Your YT Service Team

I was told that as i had had the steerer tube replaced under warranty last year it would not be necessary for me to return my forks again under this recall. So i assume they are trying to pick up on anyone who didnt have that work done previously. Clearly they will make good savings in having the defect dealt with during an annual service that you get to pay for!

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 9:15 Quote
ScottyM45 wrote:
timmyr wrote:
Hi guys,

Anyy tips for removing and then securing back the rear shock from my YT Capra Al 1? I'm really struggling to get the rear bolt back through now that I've removed the bloody thing! It looks lined up but the bolt just won't go through.

I actually removed it in order to tighten the two bolts either side on the inside of my seatstay with an allen key as somebody told me that you need to check these from working loose. I now realise that I can't do this either as there isn't enough space to get my tool in there to tighten, presume the whole seatstay needs to be removed to access?

Advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Tim

If you are not bothered about having the correct torque then remove the shock and rear wheel, compress the suspension, this should give you enough room to fit an short L-shaped torx in to tighten up.

Also the shock bolts are sometimes a pain in the ass to go back in, just take your time, wriggle it around, it will eventually catch and go through

Thanks man!

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 9:15 Quote
Gunnigoat wrote:
ScottyM45 wrote:
timmyr wrote:
Hi guys,

Advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Tim

Patience!
I have been known to give the bolt a VERY slight tap with a small ball-peen hammer, just enough to get the bolt through the shock eye.

Thank you!

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 10:00 Quote
Been looking at the Comp 1 for quite a while now. It's $300 off today.

Anyone have any experience with how long these sales generally last?

Do you think this points to 2017 models coming out soon?

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 10:26 Quote
What is the latest feeling of the build quality on the YT Capra carbon frames? Bit worried about all the early ones cracking. Are the new ones better?

Everyone happy with the carbon rims, DT Swiss?

As with previous post, any details on the 2017 Capra and what might change? Boost etc?

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
You'll beat yourself up if you do that to yourself. Buy it, ride it, be happy. Continually "waiting for the next model" is a detrimental mindset. Bikes, cars, TVs, smartphones, appliances, clothing, sports gear......buy what you want that's affordable, enjoy the stoke. 2017 may have Boost, it may not. 2017 may have an XL carbon frame, it may not. 2017 may have ENVE, it may not. 2017 may have different geometry, it may not.

MetaSX wrote:
What is the latest feeling of the build quality on the YT Capra carbon frames? Bit worried about all the early ones cracking. Are the new ones better?

As with previous post, any details on the 2017 Capra and what might change? Boost etc?

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 12:55 Quote
chrisingrassia wrote:
You'll beat yourself up if you do that to yourself. Buy it, ride it, be happy. Continually "waiting for the next model" is a detrimental mindset. Bikes, cars, TVs, smartphones, appliances, clothing, sports gear......buy what you want that's affordable, enjoy the stoke. 2017 may have Boost, it may not. 2017 may have an XL carbon frame, it may not. 2017 may have ENVE, it may not. 2017 may have different geometry, it may not.

MetaSX wrote:

Ok fair enough...but what about the reliabilty of hte carbon frames, what's the latest view on that?

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 12:57 Quote
Also curious on the dt swiss xmc1200 wheels on the cf pro race. Internal width seems a bit small for such a beast of a bike?

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 13:21 Quote
Problem licked with >2015 models

MetaSX wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

MetaSX wrote:

Ok fair enough...but what about the reliabilty of hte carbon frames, what's the latest view on that?

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
My Summer 2015 CF1 has been perfect. Just normal paint chips. I'm sure they've only gotten better based on the huge drop-off in complaints here.

chrisingrassia wrote:

MetaSX wrote:
chrisingrassia wrote:

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 13:50 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
My Summer 2015 CF1 has been perfect. Just normal paint chips. I'm sure they've only gotten better based on the huge drop-off in complaints here.

chrisingrassia wrote:

MetaSX wrote:

Yes cheers that was my impression based on the level of chat about it but just wanted to be sure before spending the cash

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021717
Mobile Version of Website