YT Capra Owners

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 23:31 Quote
Hi guys, i got the Chance to Exchange my Fox Float X2 against a Fox DHX2. The coil Version of the shock. What should i do ? I find the Air to be a bit harsch and hard to Setup. Also i find it a bit too progressive. Anyone has the Fox Coil shock on their bike ? Btw im around 89KG with gear, what pring should i have ?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 2:45 Quote
Biffard wrote:
Looking for some clarification. If my Capra has a HTA of 65 with a 170mm fork, would the HTA change to 65.5 with a 160mm fork?

Just wanting to see if my assumption is correct.
Assumption wise yes, but for the exact math you could try one of the online calculator tools.

Darkysh wrote:
Hi guys, i got the Chance to Exchange my Fox Float X2 against a Fox DHX2. The coil Version of the shock. What should i do ? I find the Air to be a bit harsch and hard to Setup. Also i find it a bit too progressive. Anyone has the Fox Coil shock on their bike ? Btw im around 89KG with gear, what pring should i have ?
I believe you have answered the question yourself. A few people here are on coils, various brands, myself included, general consensus is something along the lines of DO IT lol Capra loves a good coil Wink
For your weight I would guess something around 500-550lbs.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 3:14 Quote
Biffard wrote:
Looking for some clarification. If my Capra has a HTA of 65 with a 170mm fork, would the HTA change to 65.5 with a 160mm fork?

Just wanting to see if my assumption is correct.

Yes. 2014 and 2015 capra CF1 came with 160mm pikes - the head angle was quoted as 65.5 on the YT geo chart

It actually handles really really well with a 160 fork.

Having tried 160 pike, 170 lyrik and 170 and 180 fox 36, the 170 lyrik was my favourite for general use.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 4:29 Quote
I switched from 170 lyrik to 160 36 and liked it much more handling wise. Definitely felt a bit steeper and made it easier to stay over the front while climbing, which is what I was after.

Theoretically, yes the 160 fork would steepen the head angle. It did increase the HA on mine to 66, but I used the 'angle finder' app on the iphone to check, so gaining a half a degree is probably a fair assumption.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 4:56 Quote
photo

Happy Monday folks!

Rate my ride. I'm pretty happy with her now. Just put on new brakes and forks. What do you think?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 5:39 Quote
I've ordered mine,it's available from 28/6/17.....anyone have any idea when that will be delivered to the uk? I've emailed YT but they were a bit vague.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 5:53 Quote
Ryevs80 wrote:
I've ordered mine,it's available from 28/6/17.....anyone have any idea when that will be delivered to the uk? I've emailed YT but they were a bit vague.

On my experience, you should have it by middle of July. But I have been surprised before and a yt bike has turned up a few weeks early.

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 6:44 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
I switched from 170 lyrik to 160 36 and liked it much more handling wise. Definitely felt a bit steeper and made it easier to stay over the front while climbing, which is what I was after.

Theoretically, yes the 160 fork would steepen the head angle. It did increase the HA on mine to 66, but I used the 'angle finder' app on the iphone to check, so gaining a half a degree is probably a fair assumption.

Thanks to all who replied and for the info!

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:05 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Ryevs80 wrote:

On my experience, you should have it by middle of July. But I have been surprised before and a yt bike has turned up a few weeks early.

Ok thanks. Hopefully they surprise me then! I've sold my Enduro and I'm stuck with my hardtail until the Capra turns up Frown

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
richwales wrote:
Anyone know if the Capra with ethirteen droppers in large have 125mm or 150mm drop?
Ta

Yep my Large came with a 150mm drop.
I wouldn't expect much from the Ethirteen post it's crap had mine replaced twice then finally with a Reverb

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
martino wrote:
Rate my ride. I'm pretty happy with her now. Just put on new brakes and forks. What do you think?

3/10

Remove that hideous bottle cage and I'lll increase your score by 5 points

Also. Why is your saddle so far forwards?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:40 Quote
Ryevs80 wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
Ryevs80 wrote:

Ok thanks. Hopefully they surprise me then! I've sold my Enduro and I'm stuck with my hardtail until the Capra turns up Frown

Sounds like you need a new hardtail too ;-)

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
Ryevs80 wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:

Sounds like you need a new hardtail too ;-)
New arse more like!

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 1:37 Quote
G-A-R-Y wrote:
martino wrote:

3/10

Remove that hideous bottle cage and I'lll increase your score by 5 points

Also. Why is your saddle so far forwards?

Beer Fair comment. I like to race without a pack and it's the only option that I've managed to get to work..... but you're right, it's not the prettiest.

As for the saddle... dunno. It just seems to work. I generally grind up some pretty steep climbs and it seems to help.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:01 Quote
Saddle forwards makes it feel like a steeper seat angle when peddling up so it does help with peddling

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019107
Mobile Version of Website