YT Capra Owners

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 3:13 Quote
jkerrl wrote:
valimiu wrote:
jkerrl wrote:
Just picked up my Capra CF Pro yesterday and am scared to ride it due to a subtle gritty/grinding sound that seems to be coming from the Float X2 shock, or perhaps the linkage. Not a comforting sound. Anybody else experience any similar issues?

Otherwise, she's looking flawless!

That will help if U can post a video..would be funny if it's the same noise mine does..but mine is 2 years old..

Here's a video. Thanks for your help.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/473672/

I will receive the same bike tomorrow ! I will keep you posted !!

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
rich888 wrote:
Decided to ditch the SRAM Guides and fit Saints & Icetech rotors

Nice! I've been thinking of doing the same. Nothing like the reliability and sheer power of the Saints.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
rich888 wrote:
Decided to ditch the SRAM Guides and fit Saints & Icetech rotors

RS?

You selling them?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
endlessblockades wrote:
sdaly wrote:
Ask tippie

Oh yeah? I lurked his PB profile - no DVO pics, but I'm not gonna be all "excuse, me Mr. Tippie......?" I already had him sign my saddle at the sea otter. He's probably busy directing good times.

I think Tippie has the Suntour fork up front with DVO jade shock on his capra

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
endlessblockades wrote:
sdaly wrote:
Ask tippie

Oh yeah? I lurked his PB profile - no DVO pics, but I'm not gonna be all "excuse, me Mr. Tippie......?" I already had him sign my saddle at the sea otter. He's probably busy directing good times.

I think Tippie has the Suntour fork up front with DVO jade shock on his capra

Yeah I see that coil and I think you're right about the SR....I was interested in the Diamond. I know a DVO dealer who swears by them, but was wondering what the PB YT Mob thought about the fork.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 12:41 Quote
The Diamond is a great fork. No experience on the Capra, but I have one on my Warden. Its adjustability is great. Takes a bit to find the sweet spot. I am still trying to get it where i want it, but am very pleased with its performance. Doesnt have the stiffness of the 36 but is more supple than a pike/lyrik with the OTT adjuster. I bet a 170 Diamond would be mint on the Capra. Might only come boost though.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
Jibbaman28 wrote:
The Diamond is a great fork. No experience on the Capra, but I have one on my Warden. Its adjustability is great. Takes a bit to find the sweet spot. I am still trying to get it where i want it, but am very pleased with its performance. Doesnt have the stiffness of the 36 but is more supple than a pike/lyrik with the OTT adjuster. I bet a 170 Diamond would be mint on the Capra. Might only come boost though.

Yep, the older non-Boost one is still for sale but only goes to 160. The new (brown) 170 is Boost only, but that's the price you pay. I could come up with a boost wheel pretty easily. My Capra is older - 160 Pike/Monarch but I think it's time the overhaul the Pike and move it to a less rigorous pasture.....(friend/family)

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 14:13 Quote
jkerrl wrote:
valimiu wrote:
jkerrl wrote:
Just picked up my Capra CF Pro yesterday and am scared to ride it due to a subtle gritty/grinding sound that seems to be coming from the Float X2 shock, or perhaps the linkage. Not a comforting sound. Anybody else experience any similar issues?

That will help if U can post a video..would be funny if it's the same noise mine does..but mine is 2 years old..

I'd send the video to the yt canada service email address. they'll get you sorted. In the US, they'd probably ship a new shock in advance (if that's what it is).....great service.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
jkerrl wrote:
valimiu wrote:
jkerrl wrote:

Definitely not normal. I would take the air out of the shock, take the shock out of the linkage and compress it by hand and see if it makes the noise? While you have the shock out of the frame, you can move the linkage around and figure out of it's a bearing causing it.

If it's the shock, warranty... might be worth asking YT if they will pay for you to take it to SuspensionWerx in North Van (Fox service centre). Could be faster than having them send it to Fox...

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 2:37 Quote
anyone know how many tokens are in the Fox 36's as mine had the CSU replaced and im sure it needs some in now.....

Cheers

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 4:35 Quote
deadpool2e wrote:
anyone know how many tokens are in the Fox 36's as mine had the CSU replaced and im sure it needs some in now.....

Cheers

Comes with 1 Blue token

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
Anyone have any updates on shipping for capra AL's....getting a little annoyed now with this delayed crap.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
Magura is releasing brakes with ABS in '18.. sign me up and take ma' moneyyyy!!!!

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
gramboh wrote:
jkerrl wrote:
valimiu wrote:

Definitely not normal. I would take the air out of the shock, take the shock out of the linkage and compress it by hand and see if it makes the noise? While you have the shock out of the frame, you can move the linkage around and figure out of it's a bearing causing it.

If it's the shock, warranty... might be worth asking YT if they will pay for you to take it to SuspensionWerx in North Van (Fox service centre). Could be faster than having them send it to Fox...

Can confirm it is the shock after riding twice now. Not only does it make the grinding sound, but it also makes a loud knocking under high-speed compressions. When engaged, the climb switch causes compression to completely lock out (instead of becoming firmer) and the switch moves in and out of the oil can, making a knocking noise when compressed any amount. Rebound is also too slow even when fully open.

YT Canada rep is going to warranty for me. Hopefully it doesn't take too long!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028242
Mobile Version of Website