Specialized rear shock options

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized rear shock options
O+ FL
Posted: May 3, 2017 at 2:12 Quote
For anyone in the UK (and possibly beyond) that's interested in an X2 for their Enduro

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/2016-float-x2-f-s-215-x-57-enduro-strut-mount-c2x18787799

TF Tuned also have the Ohlins

http://www.tftuned.com/ohlins-ttx-22-m-coil-shock-14-series/p3290

Plus some Cane Creek options

http://www.tftuned.com/cane-creek-double-barrel-air-climb-switch/p3032

http://www.tftuned.com/cane-creek-dbinline/p3046

Personally I've gone for a Bikeyoke and a Vivid R2C coil. I'm a solid 200lbs and feel much better on a coil shock

Posted: May 29, 2017 at 17:55 Quote
I have a 2013 stumpy 29er FSR Comp and I want to replace the rear shock. There is any issue if I fit a 197x47 instead of 194x48 (current shock)?

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 1, 2017 at 23:03 Quote
NEW! CUSTOM FITTED FOX DHX2 FOR STUMPJUMPERS AND ENDUROS!
This is my favorite shock for my S-WORKS Enduro, I’ve had just about all of them. with my New fitment process you can bolt a Fox DHX2 into your Enduro or your stumpy. and yes, i know they don’t use the same shock… Prices are the same as Fox charges for a new DHX2 $595+$50 FSR fitment+Shipping to 84047

photo

Stumpjumper—
photo

Enduro—
photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
NEW! CUSTOM FITTED FOX DHX2 FOR STUMPJUMPERS AND ENDUROS!
This is my favorite shock for my S-WORKS Enduro, I’ve had just about all of them. with my New fitment process you can bolt a Fox DHX2 into your Enduro or your stumpy. and yes, i know they don’t use the same shock… Prices are the same as Fox charges for a new DHX2 $595+$50 FSR fitment+Shipping to 84047

photo

Stumpjumper—
photo

@visciouscyclewerx Since you are able to fit a DHX2 to a Stumpy, can the dame be done for an X2 or is the air can too big?

Enduro—
photo

Since you are able to fit a DHX2 to a Stumpy, can the dame be done for an X2 or is the air can too big?

Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
yes, i have built a float x2 for the stumpy as well

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 21:46 Quote
How do you get the dhx2 to fit the enduro? Does Fox not offer a way to mount the coil option to the enduro? I know they have the specialized fit for the Float X2

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
Hi. anybody know where to get a 190x45shock for a SJ 2010... or can i run a 190x51 with the "bikeyoke"??

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 22:23 Quote
demo8rider wrote:
How do you get the dhx2 to fit the enduro? Does Fox not offer a way to mount the coil option to the enduro? I know they have the specialized fit for the Float X2

No, fox doesn’t have an option available, I’m a machinist, so i built the new lower mount to bolt up to your stock equipment

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 8:50 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:

Sorry, follow-up question. The air can/reservoir of the X2 can clear the Stumpy frame? Someone on the forums mentioned that an X2 Is not compatible with a Stumpy frame due to frame contact around the air can. What do you charge for the conversion?

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 12:32 Quote
stolenface88 wrote:
viciouscycleworx wrote:

Sorry, follow-up question. The air can/reservoir of the X2 can clear the Stumpy frame? Someone on the forums mentioned that an X2 Is not compatible with a Stumpy frame due to frame contact around the air can. What do you charge for the conversion?

the x2 we haven’t had issues, but they float x did, so i built some offset shock bushings and it cleared just fine

Posted: Aug 9, 2017 at 13:54 Quote
viciouscycleworx wrote:
stolenface88 wrote:
viciouscycleworx wrote:

the x2 we haven’t had issues, but they float x did, so i built some offset shock bushings and it cleared just fine

Hmm, I would have definitely suspected the X2 not fitting over the Float X, but whatever man I wouldn't put a Float X on her anyways. Stumpys have a weird 197mm x 48mm shock measurment, do you just take a 200mm x 50mm and slap that bad boy on there?

Thanks for all the info btw!

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 20:28 Quote
PM sent about the DHX2 for a stumpy.

I noticed fox doesn't make a 2" stroke DHX2. are you shortening the stroke on them as well?

Thanks, PM me back, ready to pay right now Smile

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 17:54 Quote
Are you selling the conversion hardware or only complete shock?

Just bought a stumpy and have a DHX2 from a different bike. Do you sell a mount kit?

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 0:26 Quote
If you wan to send your shock to me i can convert it for you, its far more than just a mount, it needs internal limiting, external bumpstops, the mount, and the damper re-bled, just attempting to getting the eyelet off would ward most off the challenge. if you want to go this route i can convert your shock for $149 + shipping

Posted: Aug 29, 2017 at 0:44 Quote
photo

Finally got the time to build my DHX2 conversion so I finally got the bikeyoke.com mount off my Enduro

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037280
Mobile Version of Website