Stuck on what to buy

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 12:47 Quote
Greetings all.

I've currently got a Santa Cruz Heckler which is set up for freeride/DH but it's my all rounder too :-/
It weighs in at 17.5kg! And is a killer for climbing and family rides. 9x1 gears don't help much there.

So basically I want a 650b bike that I can ride down the road with my boy, do some single track, a bit of DH and northshore stuff. :-)

I have tried the Spesh Stumpjumper today that was £2500. With dropper post it came in at 14kg exactly.

The other I've tried (but was a small and I need large at lease) is a Cube Fritzz 160, £1700!
The Rock Shox are a bit of a downer on the Spesh for me compared to the Fox on the Cube.

Any opinions or help would be great.
I'm happy to look at other 650 bikes.

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 12:48 Quote
Oh, and the cube is 200g lighter.

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 15:15 Quote
Id lean towards the specialized because the frames are better than cube especially in technology. The new trek remedys might be an option

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 15:30 Quote
I'd the the Spec Enduro a try. A jack of all trades for sure. i love mine

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 22:05 Quote
Nice one.

I do prefer the look of the Spesh, it's a shame the cube is do much better spec'd and £700 cheaper!

I did have a quick look at the Trek but the spec wasn't great I thought for the money, but I'll have another look.

On a slight change of note, where's the best place to find out what my 'Cruz is worth?
D

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 23:17 Quote
lofty wrote:
Nice one.

I do prefer the look of the Spesh, it's a shame the cube is do much better spec'd and £700 cheaper!

I did have a quick look at the Trek but the spec wasn't great I thought for the money, but I'll have another look.

On a slight change of note, where's the best place to find out what my 'Cruz is worth?
D

Just look around on buy/sell for ur bike and see what the ballpark range of prices for your particular bike.

Between the two bikes mentioned go with the spesh. But also take a look at a Bronson if u like the geo of ur heckler. *cough username

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 9:48 Quote
Humm, food for thought there. I'll have a look now.
I'm still quite shocked at the vast difference in spec between the 2 bikes considering the better spec is £700+ cheaper!

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 10:05 Quote
The Bronson is for sure a nice bike. Weighs a little more than the other 2 but had longer travel than the Spesh.
Downer is it's as good as £3k, which I'd be struggling at the £2.5k for the Spesh. :-(

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 9:19 Quote
Does it have to be 650b

Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 10:18 Quote
I wanted 650b really.
I'm not a big fan of 29'ers. Have ridden one and didn't like it.
26" just can't roll as well.
D

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 20:47 Quote
I'm going to throw another bike in here for opinions.
The Commencal AM V3 (2015) 650B ?? Comes with Rockshox Pike and weighs 13.5kg, €1999 (£1580).
D

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044605
Mobile Version of Website