Where'd you ride today?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Where'd you ride today?
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:07 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I gotta get me some of them Leavenworth trails!

Lets figure out a time for you to head over. I will be here for a couple months starting next week. Chef too

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
Let’s coordinate!!!

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
I'm trying to figure out a week to put in for vacation. I'm leaning towards the last week of July or the first week of august

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

NICE! I know I've got some amazing trails/terrain in my back yard, but that is simply amazing!

The riding is not to shabby here but that stuff comes with a price to access climbing wise, I know all the stuff off the beaten path because I rode motos here in the late 70's and 80's,Ive seen some double track routes turn to single track over the last 40 years which is pretty cool... you know when there is moss growing on the trail it dose not get much use besides the few people who find it ...I always drool for days after watching some Jeff Kendal Weed vids of all that purpose built dank lush trail you guys get to ride out there... Looks so fun...Our local purpose built trails are nothing like that...so for now I'll just be riding my old school repurposed single track...

I yearn for the alpine high country. It stems from my younger climbing days. I remember the feeling I would get each time I would enter the alpine and then on up past the treeline. It was the feeling of leaving society behind and the adventure that awaited. I really do miss those days, it is not often anymore that I feel like I can truly leave all of the worldly thoughts and stress behind....

Whenever I go out on big rides I am still able to just about completely disconnect from all that stuff, I guess its a little bit of fight or flight.It just becomes very important to complete the ride successfully.Im thinking about rationing my water food, staying upright not getting hurt, bike staying together, weather and of course then there is the long stretches of down hill sections.....

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
I'll probably stay at the Thousand Trails as it is full hookup and free for me, unless there is a better dispersed camping closer to the good trails?

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
This guy decided he wasn't going to get out of the trail today so I had to peacefully sneak around him.

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:39 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
I'll probably stay at the Thousand Trails as it is full hookup and free for me, unless there is a better dispersed camping closer to the good trails?

August is better probably I think the last week in July is my wife’s birthday week ... rolls eyes... but we’ll have a full house,

Thousand trails if free is great! The dispersed stuff is harder to come by in town but there are a few good dry camp spots underneath the gold trails of Xanadu and Tres Hombres. But if you’re after hook ups there are a couple parks in Leavenworth but might be spendy and packed

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:39 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
This guy decided he wasn't going to get out of the trail today so I had to peacefully sneak around him.

photo

photo

Rad goat!

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Lets figure out a time for you to head over. I will be here for a couple months starting next week. Chef too

bkchef2000 wrote:
Let’s coordinate!!!

I could probably send big enough over the border that I wouldn't be seen... eh?

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:54 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

bkchef2000 wrote:
Let’s coordinate!!!

BIG road gap over the border? lol

Or you could just do some orienteering over Sumas mountain........as in ALL the way over! Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 20:58 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

bkchef2000 wrote:
Let’s coordinate!!!

All out by me it’s just a short fence along the border. I’m sure no one is watching those spots.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 21:07 Quote
Canadian invasion!!! Yes!

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 21:09 Quote
Also pacman, if we can coordinate a sunday/Monday or Tuesday I have the house to myself most those days and a place to stay.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Also pacman, if we can coordinate a sunday/Monday or Tuesday I have the house to myself most those days and a place to stay.

I’d head east for a day. I’m only and hour and 45 minutes away. Quick one

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:

I have an RC warbird event to attend the last weekend of July, so I'm thinking that Monday the second will be my travel day over the pass. All these dates are up in the air, as I haven't run them by work OR the War Department yet. lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014894
Mobile Version of Website