Trek suspension question

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek suspension question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 22:02 Quote
Can you put fox 36 float on a trek fuel ex 9?

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 at 15:59 Quote
The best answer is yes, but.

A float 36 will fit the steerer tube of the fuel, but you would need a new hub to fit the larger axle, and the longer travel will lead to a really wonky head tube angle. you would be better off selling the fuel and getting a remedy or slash if you are looking for longer travel.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 12:07 Quote
does the new Trek ticket Dj come with the pike dj like in the picture and on a single review or the argyle like it said in the description?

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 at 12:09 Quote
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/gravity/ticket/ticket_dj/ thankyou to anyone who can help Smile

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 5:40 Quote
I havent' seen anyone put a 36 float on but one of the guys in my other ex9 post has upgraded to a 34 float with no problems. I would be worried about taking the front end geometry out of wack if you mess too much with it since the frame was designed for a 32 float. I am with the guy above, it probably would be better to go up to the Remedy instead. Once you find out the cost of the float, plus hubs and etc. it will get up there. If your bike is still in good shape see if the shop will take a good trade in to move you up to a more travel bike such as the Remedy. If you do end up putting the 34 Float on take some pics for us and let us know how it goes! Would be interested to see how much it changes the bike if you do go through with it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010689
Mobile Version of Website