enduro knee pads

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 19:10 Quote
Hi there

Im looking at getting new knee pads. I currently use the 661 pads. Im looking to get something with a slimmer profile that would be better for climbing. I dont feel i need the big bulk of a downhill knee pad. Any recommendations on a good enduro style knee pad?

Thanks

Posted: Oct 5, 2014 at 20:48 Quote
I wear fox launch enduro pads. They are low profile pads that are comfortable to pedal in. My typical ride is about 17 miles with 2500 ft of climbing.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 9:20 Quote
Thanks a lot for the feed back i will check thoes out. Cheers.

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 at 11:28 Quote
I'd say check out some Alpinestars or IXS

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 3:02 Quote
Bliss knee pads are where it's is at!

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 9:07 Quote
Try the Troy Lee Shock Doctor, I run those for trail riding and jumping etc, and 661 for heavier stuff. They are very comfortable, don't move around when riding and they do a similar elbow pad which also works really well.

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
I just realized.. this thread is going to explode with subjective-ness now.. I should've never said anything Whip

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 10:19 Quote
WhiskeyTangoFoxtroutz wrote:
I just realized.. this thread is going to explode with subjective-ness now.. I should've never said anything Whip

OP asked for a view on some light weight knee pads and people with subjective views will give them - what did you think would happen?

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 11:01 Quote
G-forms are another lightweight pad

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2014 at 10:13 Quote
Thanks for all the feed back guys. As i can see there is a lot to choose from. I will do some research.
Cheers

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 17:06 Quote
Wishiwasbiking wrote:
I wear fox launch enduro pads. They are low profile pads that are comfortable to pedal in. My typical ride is about 17 miles with 2500 ft of climbing.

I wouldn't recommend these, the protective plastic cup on mine fell out in under 6 months of riding and they rip really easily.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 3:22 Quote
I just bought a set of Fox launch knee pads and love them. Comfy, strong, flexiable, for all day riding.
I had a fairly hectic crash the other day on a DH track, spat up some blood, toor my rib cartilage, but these pads saved my knees completely. Actually I slammed my left knee realy hard and was surprised at how something so slim could protect so well.
Also, they hold your knee with some pressure like a pressure bandage. Helps with knee pain when doing alot of uphill standing pedalling.
I give them an 8/10.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010681
Mobile Version of Website