Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!
Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 11:51 Quote
I didn't think the charge 24" frame was bad geo with a 26 stuffed in it

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 11:52 Quote
I still have no idea what I can replace the cap with when it dies. There just hasn't been a frame to match yet.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 12:07 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
A cap?

Newer caps have shittier metal, shorter stays (I kinda like the longish stays for the trails) and a retarded BB jack. Of the 2012 and newer caps I've ridden, can't say any of them have stood out enough to get my money. Honestly why I'm STILL on the same frame.

Was hoping deity would have come out with a 24" by now, but the very few rumors I've been hearing are it might be very trails oriented, or might just be a cruiser, and that's if they release it. Thinking Stout is my only option. Custom frames woo!

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 2:11 Quote
hit up the australian distributor rhythm imports, hes got some older caps around.

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 3:23 Quote
Blk mrkt contraband Wink

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 7:31 Quote
sherbet wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
A cap?

Newer caps have shittier metal, shorter stays (I kinda like the longish stays for the trails) and a retarded BB jack. Of the 2012 and newer caps I've ridden, can't say any of them have stood out enough to get my money. Honestly why I'm STILL on the same frame.

Was hoping deity would have come out with a 24" by now, but the very few rumors I've been hearing are it might be very trails oriented, or might just be a cruiser, and that's if they release it. Thinking Stout is my only option. Custom frames woo!

Theres a FGFS company that makes custom frames for a reasonable price. Just cant remember which company it was.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 13:04 Quote
crs-one wrote:
It's an awesome frame and I'm definitely glad somebody stepped up to the plate and made it. I heard from one owner that the actual quality is not the greatest which is disappointing to hear.

Funnily enough actually the only other titanium hardtail (for our purposes obviously) of which I'm aware was also made by a French company - Candida. The difference is the geo was waaaaay ahead of its time in terms of chainstay length and such. Shame they seemingly went under without a trace.

This was my old one, was sub 10kg build

Commencal Absolut Titanium Limited Edition
  Commencal Absolut Titanium Limited Edition

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 6:24 Quote
Bit of a grave dig but has anyone ever used a kenda klimax lite for dj purposes?
The weight weeni inside me is trying to get back out so I ordered some!

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 10:20 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/users/7138/setup_checks/23141/photos/14877/s780_IMG_2298.jpg?1378658988 Supposedly this is one of the lightest frames out there for dj's.....4lbs seems almost too good to be true, and to top it off its made of carbon, which makes me even more worried

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 10:33 Quote
I don't see what's worrying about it

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
You should get one

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:24 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
i always get a little iffy about carbon as ive shattered 2 carbon road frames already

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:27 Quote
skunkape wrote:
You should get one
nah, I'd go twosixbikes before that, too expensive.

nofear259 wrote:
i always get a little iffy about carbon as ive shattered 2 carbon road frames already
road and mtb frames are built for very different purposes and in very different ways....

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:45 Quote
nofear259 wrote:
Kop5 wrote:

How the hell have you shattered two carbon road frames? :/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018833
Mobile Version of Website