Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Official weight discussion thread. USEFUL STREET/DJ RESOURCE!
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
nofear259 wrote:
4lbs seems almost too good to be true, and to top it off its made of carbon, which makes me even more worried

That part should make you less worried. A 4lbs carbon frame will be stronger than a 4lbs steel or alu frame (when it's done right of course)

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:51 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
nofear259 wrote:
Kop5 wrote:
I don't see what's worrying about it
i always get a little iffy about carbon as ive shattered 2 carbon road frames already

How the hell have you shattered two carbon road frames? :/

I call BS too. He doesn't even have a road bike, neither do his bikes look expensive enough for him to be able to afford carbon road bikes.

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:53 Quote
and he's 16. If he was able to afford 2 carbon road frames, that weren't pieces of junk, I'd be very surprised!

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 11:56 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
and he's 16. If he was able to afford 2 carbon road frames, that weren't pieces of junk, I'd be very surprised!

Are you sure he's 16? His profile states 19. Then again many profiles claim ages and locations that are untrue.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
Mattin wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:
nofear259 wrote:
i always get a little iffy about carbon as ive shattered 2 carbon road frames already

How the hell have you shattered two carbon road frames? :/

I call BS too. He doesn't even have a road bike, neither do his bikes look expensive enough for him to be able to afford carbon road bikes.
I've broke a vektor cf frame in two pieces, broken at the bottom,bracket and seat tube, and a cinelli when the head decided It didn't want to be a part of a bike anymore..,

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
Also, both Road Bike Party videos have been filmed on a carbon road bike. And the only failures that bike had was a snapped brake cable and a flat tyre.

That being said, a well-made carbon frame is really super strong.

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 12:01 Quote
Mattin wrote:
Kop5 wrote:

Are you sure he's 16? His profile states 19. Then again many profiles claim ages and locations that are untrue.
well he wrote this in the rate my ride xc thread 3 days ago
nofear259 wrote:
nofear259 wrote:
im not really a fan of short travel fs rigs, id give that orbea 6/10... but as for that enduro.....i really really really like the look of it, nothing id change, i love the colour combo, 8.99999999/10
456 evo 2
Heres my On-One 456 evo 2, 06 Marzo am3 up front with 150mm travel, magura marta fr's, bontrager king earl wheelset (id get rid of em if i could afford a new set, probably some orange or black spank spikes) and i will soon be upgrading to a 32t N/W raceface ring, and a type 2 xo/x9 in the back
and ium only 16 and got this rig for 500!

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 12:02 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
its all about handmedowns!

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 12:03 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
Mattin wrote:
Kop5 wrote:

well he wrote this in the rate my ride xc thread 3 days ago
nofear259 wrote:
nofear259 wrote:
im not really a fan of short travel fs rigs, id give that orbea 6/10... but as for that enduro.....i really really really like the look of it, nothing id change, i love the colour combo, 8.99999999/10
456 evo 2
Heres my On-One 456 evo 2, 06 Marzo am3 up front with 150mm travel, magura marta fr's, bontrager king earl wheelset (id get rid of em if i could afford a new set, probably some orange or black spank spikes) and i will soon be upgrading to a 32t N/W raceface ring, and a type 2 xo/x9 in the back
and ium only 16 and got this rig for 500!
yeah I'm,16, no problems with owning a bunch of bikes!

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 12:04 Quote
nofear259 wrote:
Kop5 wrote:
you sure they didn't come pre cracked?

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 17:10 Quote
Kop5 wrote:
nofear259 wrote:
Kop5 wrote:
you sure they didn't come pre cracked?
ok i will admit, that i probably wouldnt have checked....

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 17:23 Quote
but getting away from me and back to the bike, what are your thoughts, ive never heard much about his bikes and how they ride ect.. and to top it off 1200 for a ht frame sounds like a fair bit, for that much i could probably get a slope frame

Posted: Jun 2, 2014 at 18:55 Quote
I think they come with custom geo. 1 off frames. honestly If I ever stumbled upon a bunch of cash to spend I might get one. I love dirtjumps Big Grin so would love a top of the line carbon frame.... if money wasnt an issue

if it was a 400$ carbon frame weighing 4lbs for dj I might be more skeptic.

edit: maybe, I know for a fact I like steel dj bikes I may not like the rigid feeling of CF

Posted: Nov 15, 2016 at 5:52 Quote
P. Slope before Wheel upgrades
27 lbs 06 oz before changing from stock wheelset. Updates to come.

Posted: Apr 12, 2018 at 14:38 Quote
What is the standard for points of engagement on dirt jump hubs?

Would appreciate a range that I should aim for!
Thanks so much!!!

Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020993
Mobile Version of Website