510's Shoes MTB

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 7:38 Quote
Hello There.

So a day ago i heard about these 510's these mountain bikers shoe that looks any normal shoe.
Iv'e heard nothing but great things about them (Being tuff, Being nice to wear) and what i'm interested in is being very sticky to your pedals.

I can't lift my back end up to save my life i heard some people being able to learn with these shoes that the grip is sticky enuf to start to lift there rear up. Has any one experienced this? and/or would recommend this shoe?

Cheers
Samuel

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 11:25 Quote
5.10 make lots of different bike shoes, from the Impacts which have stiff and sticky soles, but don't look like a casual shoe, to the Spitfire and some others that look like casual shoes, and have less stiff soles.
Yes, they are sticky enough you have to lift your foot to move it on the pedal.
If you search you should find lots of discussions about fivetens.

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 at 11:49 Quote
brianl wrote:
5.10 make lots of different bike shoes, from the Impacts which have stiff and sticky soles, but don't look like a casual shoe, to the Spitfire and some others that look like casual shoes, and have less stiff soles.
Yes, they are sticky enough you have to lift your foot to move it on the pedal.
If you search you should find lots of discussions about fivetens.

Thanks for the reply (:

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
You might also want to confirm whether your considering clipped in 5.10s to pull your rear end up.

As they only grip the pedal so much before lifting off. I use impacts hi top and they are greeat but this is first time hearing someone wanting a set to lift bike into air!

Posted: Oct 12, 2014 at 19:59 Quote
The 5.10's are great shoes for tackiness. They are a bit stiff in the sole though. My first pair of Impact high tops lasted 4 years of solid use. Now I'm on the low tops and still loving them.

It is also important that you have a quality pedal with good traction pins if you are going to rely on not being clipped in and just using the shoes and your weight transfer.

The cost no more than the alternative shoes and in my opinion you can't go wrong.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009874
Mobile Version of Website