Canyon Spectral AL 7.0 EX 2015 VS Canyon Strive AL 6.0 Race 2015 - Need Major Help

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Canyon Spectral AL 7.0 EX 2015 VS Canyon Strive AL 6.0 Race 2015 - Need Major Help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
So I have been saving up for years, and I finally have about 2800 euros. After much looking around I came across canyon bikes, having gone to their factory store I was sold.
I am currently stuck between two bikes, the Canyon Strive AL 6.0 Race 2015

(http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3609v )
or
The canyon spectral AL 7.0 EX
( http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3560

Im was wandering what would be better for a pretty decent pedalling platform uphill , trail centres in the UK and short stints in a bikepark.

The strive seems an alround mtb with its shapeshifter technology however the spectral is also a pretty sweet package as its simpler...
In terms of spec they are both pretty back on ..
Therefore I was wandering which one you would recomend.
Cheers

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 at 12:54 Quote
I'm no expert but i would say that the Spectral would be offer a better pedaling platform due to it being just over a kilogram lighter and having less travel. I would imagine both bikes will shred on the downhills as both have a fairly aggressive trail build. Both bikes are great all-rounders but the Spectral will be a bit more pedaling-friendly.

I would recommend reading some more in-depth reviews but you cant go far wrong with either, hope this helps.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 13:25 Quote
I have the same dillema these days. Please tell us if you make up your mind.

I tend to incline towards the Spectral because, in my case, a lot of pedalling will be involved.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 21:10 Quote
raddux wrote:
I have the same dillema these days. Please tell us if you make up your mind.

I tend to incline towards the Spectral because, in my case, a lot of pedalling will be involved.

Yes spectral maybe however are you familiar with the shapeshifter technology that the strive has to offer? .. If not it pushes a button which raisesv the bbheight and changes the shock length from 160 to. 133 mm of travel , thus it might pedal better.

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 1:12 Quote
curlyrocks wrote:

Yes spectral maybe however are you familiar with the shapeshifter technology that the strive has to offer? .. If not it pushes a button which raisesv the bbheight and changes the shock length from 160 to. 133 mm of travel , thus it might pedal better.

So you say the Strive might go pretty the same uphill as the Spectral. It could be but I did not find an in depth review for the Strive 2015. It has been launched in the summer only.

Did you find anything related?

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 9:39 Quote
raddux wrote:
curlyrocks wrote:

So you say the Strive might go pretty the same uphill as the Spectral. It could be but I did not find an in depth review for the Strive 2015. It has been launched in the summer only.

Did you find anything related?

NAH only first rides review but this might be of interest...
http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/full-suspension-bikes/canyon-strive-cf-9-0-race-review/

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 15:42 Quote
Spectral FTW. A bit more nimble, lighter singeltrack happier. Get one. Never rode it. Bought one online this evening.

Posted: Nov 9, 2014 at 2:34 Quote
I also went with the Spectral 7.0 EX. This bike will suit better my type of riding. Maybe on the future there will be also a Strive but for now I'll stick with the lighter bike.

The size is a bit of an enigma. I ordered the M size but I might fit also the L size also. I'm 180cm, 84 inseam, 63 torso, 46 shoulders, 64 arm. They increased the sizes since last year but is it enough?

I compared the measurement with the Strive M Race and the Spectral L size is about the same. The only difference is the Seat tube lenght which is 50 mm longer for the Spectral.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 0:10 Quote
I have just placed my order for the new 2015 Strive AL 7.0

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 0:47 Quote
drew1982 wrote:
I have just placed my order for the new 2015 Strive AL 7.0

sweet, whats the delivery date? Please let us know when you get it ;P

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 4:13 Quote
delivery is week 8 so i think that is the end of feb. Not sure i have made the right decision? whats the difference in the strive al 7.0 and the strive al 7.0 race?

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 8:15 Quote
drew1982 wrote:
delivery is week 8 so i think that is the end of feb. Not sure i have made the right decision? whats the difference in the strive al 7.0 and the strive al 7.0 race?

Strive race, is a slightly longer top tube, and it features components better suited for enduro racing. I.e. 1x10 setup

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 8:19 Quote
i was split between the strive and spectral aswell. went for the spectral and its riding amazing. it was also delivered 3 weeks early Big Grin
photo

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
Looks awesome, can't wait get mine, does the spectral have the shape shifter on it ?

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 8:44 Quote
drew1982 wrote:
Looks awesome, can't wait get mine, does the spectral have the shape shifter on it ?

Nope. but they still look so sick! You are one lucky guy Razz

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015494
Mobile Version of Website