Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol, Scout, Sentinel, Spur & Suppressor, Giddy Up & SBG Post your bike and discuss here!
Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
poah wrote:
Least you made the jump
at least it wasn't the front brake lol

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 14:41 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
poah wrote:
Least you made the jump

id rather it was the front brake that failed haha

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 15:09 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
poah wrote:
Least you made the jump

id rather it was the front brake that failed haha
I guess riding back yah but the crash would have sucked.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 3:49 Quote
Just exchanged my jade against a topaz with somebody in my 2016 patrol. got some rides now. The jade already worked great, no complaints.but I hate struggling with coils to get the ride one for the day of riding that lies ahead and how much and heavy stuff you carry with you.that is why I leave coil shocks for good as long as there is something working similarly well with a good warranty service backed up and easy to work in yourself. More than that the techguy from dvo told me it will make no disadvatange in the patrol, topaz vs jade.so I pulled the trigger. 92 kilos kitted, 190 reservoir, Main around 140, 1 neg, 2 pos spacers: it only looses against jade when lifting the rear and let it drop.coil directly stays on the floor where I still get a little bounce from the topaz.but when you push on the saddle or hopp on the bike I already feel a clear difference lets say to a Monarch plus or Marzocchi 053.Fürst part of the travel to sag is very soft and then (I think it is the part of the travel where both chambers equalize ) you hear a small hizz and feel a Great change in Support,veeeery similar to the coil.until now it just disappears while riding with 3 mm reserve shown by the travel indicator most of the time.it carries me much better than the 053.when sliding down a steep hill and hitting a berm to a 90 degree turn where your bike is almost stopped or you can be thrown off when Not being dynamic enough, the other shock most often blew trough the travel (hitting the Pedals on the ground) which the topaz does not. dampingwise no problems until now with feet being shaken of the pedals or hurting legs. Seems to have been the right choice. Cannot understand how some people say it is the same or only minor improvement over a monarch plus. It is damn great! Setup correctly it is very supportive without spiking,being harsh or kicking you of when launching a steep jump.
Great,thx dvo.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 6:36 Quote
Awesome report, banzaiman. I'm in a similar boat, considering trading my DHX2 for a Topaz. Not that there's anything wrong with the DHX2, o just keep hearing nothing but awesome things about the Topaz. Being at Bootleg and seeing a huge DVO presence didn't help either...

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
Bloody noise at the back end driving me crazy! The chain is the correct tension nothing loose. I also took chain guard off and put 3m mastic but still making a horrible clunking noise at the back! Does anyone get this problem!? It's definitely chain slap but just can't sort it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 8:50 Quote
Sure it is not cable inside the frame? I found out that the cables kan push into the frame and be loose and slap when the shock compresses

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 9:02 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Awesome report, banzaiman. I'm in a similar boat, considering trading my DHX2 for a Topaz. Not that there's anything wrong with the DHX2, o just keep hearing nothing but awesome things about the Topaz. Being at Bootleg and seeing a huge DVO presence didn't help either...

I when comparing the topaz with the other shocks I had, tend to believe others saying that it is better than their ccdb air.
Do not know if it can match the float x2 completely ,but it will not be far away when adjusted and if necessary shimmed for your bike.
But for me it is important that the shock is backed up with good service and can be easily worked on at home without Special tools, spare Parts come at a reasonable price and that it is reliable. Though not cheap it is still less bucks than the x2.
I am happy with it and would only get another air shock for dh duties if dvo or finally manitou came up with new shocks for heavy hitting ;-)
But that unfortunately will take another 1 to 2 years.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 9:07 Quote
wordy1979 wrote:
Bloody noise at the back end driving me crazy! The chain is the correct tension nothing loose. I also took chain guard off and put 3m mastic but still making a horrible clunking noise at the back! Does anyone get this problem!? It's definitely chain slap but just can't sort it.

I have an old inner tube wrapped around my chainstay and don't have this noise.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 10:48 Quote
It's a carbon Patrol 2016 model so it can't be the cables. It's definitely the chain. Think I might buy a chain tensioner of some sort.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 15:41 Quote
Every time I ride this bike, I fall more in love, though I will be throwing a Topaz on it soon as DVO goes metric

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 16:56 Quote
auzzy-man wrote:
Every time I ride this bike, I fall more in love, though I will be throwing a Topaz on it soon as DVO goes metric

My sentiments exactly

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
auzzy-man wrote:

My sentiments exactly
If youre currently running the monarch, you wont even be able to explain how much youre gonna love that bike once you through a dvo or fox shock on it. The difference is insane.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 17:59 Quote
I'm running super d.

Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 21:55 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:

Van you Not get a Demo unit while you are there? Just wondering ;-) they Couleur hell adjustiert it for You and perhaps get a new customer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019155
Mobile Version of Website