The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 12:34 Quote
anyone got a recommendation for a decent bb above the standard nylon ones? I've just tried the Hope PF41 and it doesn't fit.

Posted: Apr 2, 2023 at 12:24 Quote
Hi ! I’m looking for a rear triangle for my 2021 supreme dh. Which type should I hunt for ? v4.2 v4.3? Thanks !

Posted: Aug 1, 2023 at 14:17 Quote
will theses wheels fit a 2020 frs

Front hub is 20x110 non-boost, but can easily be converted to boost 20mm by adding a 5mm spacer under the rotor.
Rear hub is 12x150 or 12x157 DH (not Superboost) with Shimano HG freehub (both rear axles included). Will fit any 150/157 frame, regular DH or Superboost as the rotor spacing is the same for all.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 14:22 Quote
RANT

AVOID THEIR SHIMANO EBIKES. Shimano EP8 motors are garbage and CommencalUSA is unhelpful with warranty support.

I will say that everyone I've dealt with at Commencal USA has been friendly and helpful as they're "allowed" to be from Commencal EU (parent HQ), but at this point I can't do it any more because the brand does a sub-par job of standing by their products.

Do NOT buy an e-bike from them. Commencal designs awesome bikes, but they don't do enough to support their customers. Apparently these decisions are made in the EU HQ, but as a north american customer I have to recommend anyone who really wants to ride their bike hard to avoid Shimano EP8 e-bikes and commencal in general. I've broken 2 shimano motors and cracked 1 Meta Power 29 frame. 1st bike was replaced due to broken motor within 6 weeks from new (in an indirect manor with the help of my guys at E-13 of all places), second frame cracked and took over a year to finally get replaced even though they started the warranty process right away - apparently the replacement frame was stateside for more than 2 months and the guys in CO didn't know, adding to the excessive time to replace. Broke the second motor after 2 years and Shimano won't honor warranty for motors with 3rd party cranks, and Commencal won't stand by their customers based on their OEM spec decisions where as other brands will - Marin Bikes stands by their customers and acknowledges that if shimano won't warranty their motors with 3rd party cranks, Marin will eat the cost and keep their customers bikes working properly.

It should also be noted that I bought my first Commencal back in 2006 and went through at least 3 warranty frames in 3 years 2006-2009 because they all seem to break. That was a different era with a 3rd party distributor, but Commencal hasn't changed. They're bikes like to break, and they'll look for any reason not to support the warranty.

Posted: Jan 4, 2024 at 14:48 Quote
I can't speak about the issues with the e bikes, but I found that the Customer service has be great when I cracked one of my 4 Commencal frames. Also are the bikes that you are saying break easily e bikes? IDK if that has some thing to do with it bc I know Commencal making e bikes is newer and maybe they put less in to the development of the e bike frames?

Posted: Jan 8, 2024 at 2:20 Quote
But if the issue is a broken Shimano motor couldn't you just go the nearest Shimano service center and have them deal with the warranty stuff? Where I live (EU) this is a normal practice. I know some cases where people have had their broken Shimano motors replaced under warranty even though the warranty perioid had already ended. But maybe things are different in America

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012476
Mobile Version of Website