help with a bike in buysell

PB Forum :: Downhill
help with a bike in buysell
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
So here's the problem,here in pinkbike's buysell there's a Old school 2003 intense m1 and it looks pretty good,here's the link:http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/1471403/ im in a smartphone so the link has de M. First lol so thanks for the help

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
What's the problem?

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 16:46 Quote
The rear shock is fine until it needs a service you will struggle to service a 5th element shock it will have preload and rebound and maybe some pedal platform and those super t forks are. Really simple but great if your a heavy rider though the stantions may be small and flex they have preload and rebound adjust although it may be only adjustable from the inside on some marzocchi forks frames looking good also Smile I would ask for more specs like what brakes cranks ect

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:36 Quote
lukedaniel wrote:
The rear shock is fine until it needs a service you will struggle to service a 5th element shock it will have preload and rebound and maybe some pedal platform and those super t forks are. Really simple but great if your a heavy rider though the stantions may be small and flex they have preload and rebound adjust although it may be only adjustable from the inside on some marzocchi forks frames looking good also Smile I would ask for more specs like what brakes cranks ect
thanks dude but....what about the fork? I dont know nothing about it,¿is it an air fork? ¿Is it good for dh trails with many rocks? And some 4m drops to flat? Help plz Smile

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:37 Quote
If your not a heavy guy it'll be bomb proof I run one and mines 4 coil springs with oil bath they just don't die Smile easy to change the oil to

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:38 Quote
I've done tones if drops and they just keep going

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:41 Quote
lukedaniel wrote:
If your not a heavy guy it'll be bomb proof I run one and mines 4 coil springs with oil bath they just don't die Smile easy to change the oil to
LOL i have 15 and my wheight (sorry for the bad english,i'm from dominican republic,so my language is spanish) my wheight is 110 lbs LOL and i don't care too much about adjustments,i just want a soft suspension,but o don't want it bottom out with an 4m drop to flat Jaja

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:43 Quote
You will be fine with them being that weight I'm 126lbs and there plush and reliable if you find them to soft (you won't) put thicker oil inside them Smile

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:48 Quote
lukedaniel wrote:
You will be fine with them being that weight I'm 126lbs and there plush and reliable if you find them to soft (you won't) put thicker oil inside them Smile
thanks a lot dude you're awesome i hope in god buy it in december if it's still available lol

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:49 Quote
Looks a nice ride Smile same age as my bike too

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 17:54 Quote
lukedaniel wrote:
Looks a nice ride Smile same age as my bike too
i can't wait for december! This is awesome! My first dh bike!

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 20:01 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
lukedaniel wrote:
LOL i have 15 and my wheight (sorry for the bad english,i'm from dominican republic,so my language is spanish) my wheight is 110 lbs LOL and i don't care too much about adjustments,i just want a soft suspension,but o don't want it bottom out with an 4m drop to flat Jaja
4 meters to flat? !?!?
That's all bad, when I was your age I used to do large drop to flat regularly now 15 years later my knees buckle on occasion walking and they ache all the time my back is messed up .
Go find some nice landings and save your body .
Plus you can go bigger then.....

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 0:05 Quote
kent wrote:
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
lukedaniel wrote:
4 meters to flat? !?!?
That's all bad, when I was your age I used to do large drop to flat regularly now 15 years later my knees buckle on occasion walking and they ache all the time my back is messed up .
Go find some nice landings and save your body .
Plus you can go bigger then.....
lol i had a dh bike but was stolen and i jumped 4m to flat but now than you're saying this,i should consider get some nice landing as you said thanks i don't wanna my body messed up lol

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 0:06 Quote
And i've just read than this fork has only 170mm of travel

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 at 11:15 Quote
170mm travel I's fine

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010991
Mobile Version of Website