The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 3:01 Quote
photo

I think the Float X is good enough

Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 3:57 Quote
Been on Kashima drcv/corset 270psi around 25% sag, vorsprung said performance would equal monarch.

Just fitted monarch plus rc3
2 bottomless bands
260psi 30% sag
I'm around 92kg in kit.

Do anyone run more bands?

Posted: Feb 13, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
I will be selling my purple 2016 Trek Slash 7 with upgrades after the weekend, if anyone is interested drop me a message!

Frame size is 19.5, only reason i am selling is i am now working at my LBS and getting a staff bike so no longer need the Trek. its a fantastic bike and im a bit gutted to have to sell after only 2 and a half months. ridden less than 10 times!

Cheers

Tom

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 23:03 Quote
Have a 2015 9.8 Slash and want to upgrade my fork (not a fan of dual position forks!!) to a set of Rockshox Lyrics 170mm. Can you see any problem going up another 10mm in travel? I would imagine there will be minimal change in geometry and the bike shouldn't handle differently.

Your thoughts?

Cheers

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 23:17 Quote
captgumby wrote:
Have a 2015 9.8 Slash and want to upgrade my fork (not a fan of dual position forks!!) to a set of Rockshox Lyrics 170mm. Can you see any problem going up another 10mm in travel? I would imagine there will be minimal change in geometry and the bike shouldn't handle differently.

Your thoughts?

Cheers
Should work but chevk you dont void your warranty. Also if your going from a fox talas to rockshox i think it'll be a bit more than 10mm as fox's a2c's are a bit shorter . I expect you know Your slash will be even less climb friendly.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 23:30 Quote
captgumby wrote:

Your thoughts?

Cheers

No. I have a slash, the only thing is you're climbing will suffer a bit, but if you're throwing a 170 lyrik on you don't care, so it'll only make it more of a sled on the downs. Enjoy that shit.

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 0:37 Quote
Replacing any stock items with aftermarket ones voids your trek warranty, however, most shops will process the warranty anyways if you have that lyric on it. If you climb up most everything you go down, I would get a 160mm. If you are more like a 25-30% climb and 70-75% descend, get the 170mm. It will make it more challenging to clean the most techical climbs but I have a feeling you didn't buy a slash for that type of riding.

Here's a thought, adjust your mini link to the slacker position and pedal it around a bit. Throwing a 170mm on it in the steeper position will be less racked out then a 160mm in the more slack position. That will give you an idea.

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 0:43 Quote
It's ten millimeters. Get it if you think it'll make you happy. You really won't notice it, going up or down, but if it puts a smile on your face, buy it. It's not really going to change anything. Do whatever the f*ck you want.

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 1:39 Quote
Thanks for the replies. Currently have the Pike 160mm Dual position fork and really am not a fan, in fact it has been really disappointing..... The upgrade is more about getting rid of the pikes and getting a fork that I will be happy with. I am going to 170mm cause I can..... I only ride up hills so I can come down, don't care how long it takes to get up as long as I get there. Have always had the mini link in the slack position.

If you could get any fork, what would be your choice? Only concerned about coming down...not the climb. Lyric? Fox 36?

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 3:25 Quote
Slash with 170mm Lyrik RCT3 Smile Feels f*$kin' great!!
Trek Slash 9 Rockshox Lyrik RCT3

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
Hi I'm looking at getting a slash and just wanted some people's thoughts on them I've had a 2015 patrol and loved that but thought I'd give the slash a try this time
Cheers

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 6:47 Quote
Captgumby, both lyrik and 36 are super stiff. Both are equally as simple to service. Both come with air tokens. The only thing that fox has on rock shox is the high speed/low speed compression. The lyrik only has low speed compression. That being said, the fox will be easier to set up but you can get both feeling pretty darn identical with the use of air tokens etc. Go with what you get the better deal on and what looks best. Performance is pretty equal. (This is coming from a guy who loves his 36.)

Griz23, the slash is a great bike. My friend has a patrol and loves it too. The main differences I've noticed was the slash seemed to feel a little more plush in the rear given the same shock (monarch plus). Maybe that's due to the free float design. Braking in the choppy was a little bit smoother on the slash too. If you decide to go with trek make sure you triple check your geo. Trek frames are known for running a half size smaller than other companies.

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 7:14 Quote
dirtworks911 wrote:
Captgumby, both lyrik and 36 are super stiff. Both are equally as simple to service. Both come with air tokens. The only thing that fox has on rock shox is the high speed/low speed compression. The lyrik only has low speed compression. That being said, the fox will be easier to set up but you can get both feeling pretty darn identical with the use of air tokens etc. Go with what you get the better deal on and what looks best. Performance is pretty equal. (This is coming from a guy who loves his 36.)

Griz23, the slash is a great bike. My friend has a patrol and loves it too. The main differences I've noticed was the slash seemed to feel a little more plush in the rear given the same shock (monarch plus). Maybe that's due to the free float design. Braking in the choppy was a little bit smoother on the slash too. If you decide to go with trek make sure you triple check your geo. Trek frames are known for running a half size smaller than other companies.

Thanks for the advice dirtworks911 I've had a good luck at the geo's and I'm going for the 19'5 actual 18'5 as I'm 6ft I think this will be spot on for me

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
Yeah I am around 6ft/184cm and the 19.5/18.5 fits so well. Go for it Smile

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 8:39 Quote
covebomber wrote:
Yeah I am around 6ft/184cm and the 19.5/18.5 fits so well. Go for it Smile
Cheers pal

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014255
Mobile Version of Website